Jordan Love to sit out practice until new deal reached

vike daddy

10 hours ago, Xmad said:

It can't go any worse.

Lol. I appreciate how boldly you proclaim such an incorrect statement. 

It still may. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Lol. I appreciate how boldly you proclaim such an incorrect statement. 

It still may. 🤷‍♂️

Drake May????? oh god.

15 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Cowboys, 49ers, Packers, Steelers, Patriots, Chiefs. Those are your cornerstone NFL franchises as far as branding goes.

Chiefs are a heavyweight due to the last decade, Patriots due to the greatest dynasty in league history still being fresh in the minds of many. The rest have multiple periods of sustained success and major legacy with huge fan bases that travel very well.

I watched the Super Bowl in Louisville, KY due to work travel for a store opening. I decided that instead of watching the game from the confines of my hotel room, I'd go out to a local sports bar to watch the game. My choices were a Packers bar, Steelers bar, or 49ers bar in close proximity to my hotel. Decided to go to the 49ers bar. Now, Louisville is only like an hour and a half from Cincinnati but it has more fans of those teams than Bengals fans. 

Honestly, arguments could be made to throw the Raiders in there with the rest of those guys, too. Probably the Browns as well.

But those first 6 I mentioned are the biggest brands. Commanders are just in a great market. Like the Giants, Jets, Rams, Chargers, Texans, and Cardinals. But most of those teams aren't powerful brands. 

I'd argue that the first 3 are the NFL's premier franchises.  Steelers are probably a fringe team in terms of being included in that mix.  Chiefs clearly have a recency bias since prior to Mahomes, it'd had been 50 years since they won a title.  Patriots are the team of yesterday.

• Like 1