Which 1st round QB has the best rookie season?

Which 1st round QB has the best rookie season?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Best rookie season for 2024 first round QB?

• Caleb Williams
    • Jayden Daniels
    • Drake Maye
    • Michael Penix, Jr
    • JJ McCarthy
    • Bo Nix

On 7/27/2024 at 5:10 AM, El Ramster said:

I think drake maye is going to shock people. Dude is legit. 

He’s amazing. His cast is bad but I think he’ll close out the final 4-5 games better than any of these rookie QB’s. And he’ll be the best QB of this class looking ten years back. 

• Like 1

Caleb Williams should win the most games but in isolation and Fantasy Jayden Daniels will make the most throws.  In fact, J.J. McCarthy might throw for more TDs and yards than Caleb needs to.

I think all six will do rather well.

On 7/29/2024 at 4:56 PM, El Ramster said:

It was actually proven that it wasn’t Waldron. But it was Dave Canales who helped and boost Geno up. So you’re wrong there pal. 

You could argue that Dave Canales had more impact, but how could you possibly make a claim like "it was proven that it wasn't Waldron."

Idk who will be the best player but Williams is walking into an incredible situation. I'm hoping Waldron is able to properly utilize the talents around him and develop him.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Idk who will be the best player but Williams is walking into an incredible situation. I'm hoping Waldron is able to properly utilize the talents around him and develop him.

I'd like to think he is but I can't help but be apprehensive about Caleb given Chicago's quarterback history.

20 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

You could argue that Dave Canales had more impact, but how could you possibly make a claim like "it was proven that it wasn't Waldron."

They were way worse the year Dave left. In every category.. Geno had a career year with Canales. Baker revived his career in Tampa with Canales. Dunno. The proofs in the pudding. Seahawks have monster talent too. I believe K9 is arguably the best RB in the west. Yes better than cmc. He has the ability to do amazing things. He’s super talented and a great runner.. they also have a great back up and a monster WR in dk. 

On 7/31/2024 at 11:17 PM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

I'd like to think he is but I can't help but be apprehensive about Caleb given Chicago's quarterback history.

You're preaching to the choir here. But not throwing him to the wolves with a poverty cast like they did Tru and Fields at least gives a bit of hope.  Waldron isn't Ben Johnson but he isn't a hobbit like Loggains nor is he Andy Reid's favorite coffee boy, so we will see if or how the Bears screw this up. 

I would have handed Ben Johnson a blank check and told him to pick his guy at 1.1. But Eberflus was able to stabilize a session with all the crap that happened so he's getting his shot. 🤷‍♂️