CeeDee Watch / TC conclusion / Bland out 6-8 weeks / Cut down time

textaz03

Ohh Ford have to be smarter then that.  You also got to be better giving a target for the QB and also making that catch. 

what is up with the punting again the returner had a good 10-12 yards of space after catching the punt and it really wasn’t a booming deep kick. 

Do not like that call WR makes double move then turns into body of CB.  No hold at all …..    that was wrong call 

still got to do better job of tackling behind LOS. Gave up extra 5 yards.  

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

Andrew Booth in 17 games last season: 7 solo tackles, 1 assisted tackle

Andrew Booth tonight: 7 solo tackles, 1 assisted tackle

https://x.com/bobbybelttx/status/1825029730221088784?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

He is playing his way up the depth chart has passed Scott IMO now. Especially considering his solid play was against a starting QB and starting WR. Though no Adams

Edited by quiller

I liked what I saw from Trey Lance last night, his accuracy was better than 1st preseason game. There was some definite improvement. He looked more comfortable and confident. He’s moving the ball up the field better than Cooper so far.  If he shows more improvement in 3rd Preseason game, team officials will have to make a decision. Keep 3 QB’s or move him up to 2nd spot. Kid just needs reps and stability.

With Cooper we know what we have, basically a field general. Won’t lose you games, but won’t put games on his shoulders and win them with his arm. 

Will be interesting to see how they approach the roster cut downs in 9 days. 

Will be interesting to see how our run game is going to shape up at cut downs. How many RB’s are we going to keep on roster? Dowdle is a lock, is Zeke seriously a lock? Who covets that 3rd RB spot, Vaughn? Davis? Do we keep a the power back in Freeman or do we keep the FB in Leupke? 

Freeman and Vaughn both looked good last night. 

Just some follow up thoights

today raiders said Minshew starter—-   Oh really based on our game that is kinda crazy

i was interested to see we actually had some designed plays to actually fit Trey skill set….  Plays that Rush can’t run at all and plays that were in the playbook a few years ago for Dak.   Designed runs and the sort.   That is a big difference between Rush and Dak.  In the past the play book was cut down dramatically with Rush.  Haven’t seen the deep ball yet but it seems coaches willing to keep the play book open a bit with Trey

22 hours ago, textaz03 said:

I liked what I saw from Trey Lance last night, his accuracy was better than 1st preseason game. There was some definite improvement. He looked more comfortable and confident. He’s moving the ball up the field better than Cooper so far.  If he shows more improvement in 3rd Preseason game, team officials will have to make a decision. Keep 3 QB’s or move him up to 2nd spot. Kid just needs reps and stability.

With Cooper we know what we have, basically a field general. Won’t lose you games, but won’t put games on his shoulders and win them with his arm. 

Will be interesting to see how they approach the roster cut downs in 9 days. 

Well, the new rules allow for 2 QBs and an emergency 3rd QB that can dress for the game but not count against the final roster number. I’m guessing they are keeping all 3 QBs like they did last season.