Eagles (Unofficial) Depth Chart

So in 5 days on Aug 27th 1,184 players will be cut. 544 of them will be added to the PS. So in 5 days the other 640 players dreams of playing in the NFL in 2024 is pretty much done, barring Injury.

The NFL is brutal and this occurs every year.

This is actually pretty obvious what is going on here, but I’ll take it lol. Saves a roster spot. I know stashing healthy players on injury lists is against the rules but I wonder if they have anyway to prove it happens. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is actually pretty obvious what is going on here, but I’ll take it lol. Saves a roster spot. I know stashing healthy players on injury lists is against the rules but I wonder if they have anyway to prove it happens. 

It looks like the Eagles are doing what they should and trying to stash Ainias for the year or at least part of it. I don't think the NFL will investigate that unless the player being put on IR makes a stink about it. I think you would need an aggrieved player for it to even come up.

55 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is just the nfl, I don’t buy they care. The guy has to sit out anyways. For Ainias this is great. He started to improve. Stay around the team. Learn, eventually get to practice.

i think it’s best case for him considering how bad he was 

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

This is just the nfl, I don’t buy they care. The guy has to sit out anyways. For Ainias this is great. He started to improve. Stay around the team. Learn, eventually get to practice.

i think it’s best case for him considering how bad he was 

Wonder if they IR him and if so how long he stays on IR. He won't be able to develop much on IR, but at least he will be in the building.

17 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Wonder if they IR him and if so how long he stays on IR. He won't be able to develop much on IR, but at least he will be in the building.

Can he practice while on IR? I’m sure he can sit in on team meetings and stuff. 

isnt there a rule that if placed on IR before making the 53 man roster you miss the whole year? 

I think that rule is in place to specifically prevent stashing for 4 weeks.

Him being in the building and being able to run individuals, be in meetings, get stronger is the best bet.

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

Can he practice while on IR? I’m sure he can sit in on team meetings and stuff. 

isnt there a rule that if placed on IR before making the 53 man roster you miss the whole year? 

I think that rule is in place to specifically prevent stashing for 4 weeks.

Him being in the building and being able to run individuals, be in meetings, get stronger is the best bet.

No.  The rule previously was a player had to spend at least 1 day on the 53 before being out on IR.  This year it was changed so that a team can designate 2 players for IR to return before submitting their 53.  They must missing a minimum of the 1st 4 games and teams get 8 designations for return from IR a year.  They are also awarded 2 additional designations if they make the playoffs.  He is not allowed to practice while on IR though.

Edited by CasperX22
  • Like 1