The Journey Begins - GDT - Preseason Wk 1

Didn’t watch, mostly because I don’t think there too much to take from the first preseason game.

Watched a 5 min cut up/highlights, looked like a lot of meh from both teams.

Saw nothing from Huntley or DTR to really move the needle between those two.  DTR needs to outplay Huntley imo as Huntley has definitely shown more in actual games than DTR.  

13 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ika is absolutely terrible 

Surprisedpikachu.gif

Dude is and has been ***.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Surprisedpikachu.gif

Dude is and has been ***.

Fat, unathletic, got straight bullied at the point of attack. No way he should make the roster, awful draft pick, complete waste.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Fat, unathletic, got straight bullied at the point of attack. No way he should make the roster, awful draft pick, complete waste.

He seemed to really go against their general philosophy and was sort of a surprise to me when they took him. Id love to know who was pounding the table for him…

he was Shelton 2.0 for me (with Shelton as a ceiling).  I just don’t see any reason to spend a draft pick on someone who’s so out of shape they don’t even look like an athlete. I’m not saying everyone needs to be shredded, but he carries a lot of bad weight.

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He seemed to really go against their general philosophy and was sort of a surprise to me when they took him. Id love to know who was pounding the table for him…

he was Shelton 2.0 for me (with Shelton as a ceiling).  I just don’t see any reason to spend a draft pick on someone who’s so out of shape they don’t even look like an athlete. I’m not saying everyone needs to be shredded, but he carries a lot of bad weight.

I am fine with a fat slob 1-2 down rotational run stuffer. He can’t even do that. His stance looks like a soup sandwich.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I am fine with a fat slob 1-2 down rotational run stuffer. He can’t even do that. His stance looks like a soup sandwich.

I’m fine with a dude like Michael Pierce who’s obese AF but also athletic as hell for his size and is a 2 down run stuffer.  I have very little use for a guy who’s just big and fat, like Ika.  His job last season and especially over the off-season should have been to transform his body and he doesn’t look to have done that.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Brick is back following the Wypler news. Gave up a 2026 6th rounder to receive Nick and a 2026 7th rounder in return.

I am fine with this as long as we don't have to play him at center. He did a nice job as a lead blocker or as a tackle eligible - but I remember him getting tossed around like a red headed stepchild when facing bigger interior lineman.

https://apnews.com/article/browns-seahawks-nick-harris-617116f48c95febf9ce410ee2c72ca15

Edited by brooks1957

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Brick is back following the Wypler news. Gave up a 2026 6th rounder to receive Nick and a 2026 7th rounder in return.

I am fine with this as long as we don't have to play him at center. He did a nice job as a lead blocker or as a tackle eligible - but I remember him getting tossed around like a red headed stepchild when facing bigger interior lineman.

https://apnews.com/article/browns-seahawks-nick-harris-617116f48c95febf9ce410ee2c72ca15

If we’re playing him at center we’d be down to our 3rd option. I’m not sure there are a lot of great or better alternatives at that point.