Drake Maye

If it makes you guys feel better, the sharpest guys in high stakes fantasy tournaments that wins hundreds of thousands every year consistently, most of them have Drake Maye and Rashee Rice as their most owned players this season. Maye for the back-end mostly. 

I think Maye is gonna completely smash.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soko said:

What happens if the team drafts Campbell, he’s the new LT, and he tears his ACL in OTAs? Do you sit Maye again in Year 2?

I’m hoping the team resource the OL more than just one pick. It needs big help

7 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

If it makes you guys feel better, the sharpest guys in high stakes fantasy tournaments that wins hundreds of thousands every year consistently, most of them have Drake Maye and Rashee Rice as their most owned players this season. Maye for the back-end mostly. 

I think Maye is gonna completely smash.

I hope so! It would make my year if he plays and lights it up 

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I’m hoping the team resource the OL more than just one pick. It needs big help

My 2025 draft.

1. Will Campbell LT   No Brain-er  6.6 320

2. Tyler Booker   LG   6.5 362  STUD

3. Earnest Greene III  RT  6.4 320

4.Bryce Foster C   6.4 325

😁   I'm sick of this crap.  Let me fix it, once and for all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell Maye to drop back left. Let's see them try to get around these monsters

Edited by m haynes

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

My 2025 draft.

1. Will Campbell LT   No Brain-er  6.6 320

2. Tyler Booker   LG   6.5 362  STUD

3. Earnest Greene III  RT  6.4 320

4.Bryce Foster C   6.4 325

😁   I'm sick of this crap.  Let me fix it, once and for all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell Maye to drop back left. Let's see them try to get around these monsters

Effing exactly!

I was going to say three players. Not necessarily all via draft. But;

Lowe, Okorafor, Anderson - does anyone think these are viable tackles for a team that want to make the playoffs? If the answer is no, then why do we want them? I genuinely believe not one of those players should be a starting NFL player 

then there’s the uncertainty with Wallace. Hopefully he’s good…but he could be Lowe II.

So yes, 3 new tackles is what I’ll be looking for. Two good ones that can be trusted to protect our QB hopefully OTF.

• Like 1

Tom Brady: “I think it’s just a tragedy that we’re forcing these rookies to play early. But the reality is the only reason why they are is that we’ve dumbed the game down, which has allowed them to play.”

“There used to be college programs, now, there are college teams. You’re no longer learning a program, you’re learning a playbook. For five years, I got to learn how to drop-back pass, to read defenses, to read coverages, to be coached. I had to learn from being seventh quarterback on the depth chart to moving up to third to ultimately being a starter. I had to learn all those things in college. That was development.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tom-brady-bemoans-game-being-dumbed-down-for-rookie-quarterbacks

what do you guys think?

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Tom Brady: “I think it’s just a tragedy that we’re forcing these rookies to play early. But the reality is the only reason why they are is that we’ve dumbed the game down, which has allowed them to play.”

“There used to be college programs, now, there are college teams. You’re no longer learning a program, you’re learning a playbook. For five years, I got to learn how to drop-back pass, to read defenses, to read coverages, to be coached. I had to learn from being seventh quarterback on the depth chart to moving up to third to ultimately being a starter. I had to learn all those things in college. That was development.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tom-brady-bemoans-game-being-dumbed-down-for-rookie-quarterbacks

what do you guys think?

If he says it, it’s correct 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Hey guys, was just wondering.

Is Drake Maye playing this Saturday, or are they sitting him out?

We play Sunday night and Mayo has said by Monday or Tuesday he’ll know more about which QB is his 1. I guess that means both will be seen this weekend, I’d say yes he will play at least a series. 

6 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Hey guys, was just wondering.

Is Drake Maye playing this Saturday, or are they sitting him out?

Mayo’s explicitly stated that not only will all QBs play, but “anyone who’s healthy will play”. So yes, Maye’s playing unless something bad happens between now and then.

I think that Mayo and company are feeling a lot of pressure to start Maye. With Williams, Daniels, and Nix being named starters I think it adds a lot of pressure. Beating out Brissett for the job was never much of a challenge, I mean Sam Howell did. The competition was never really Maye and Brissett it was Maye and being ready. Is Maye ready is the question. I was told above that Maye looked really good in the last game, but while I don't think Maye looked bad, I don't think it was really good. Maye showed that he was able to do somethings well, but he still struggled with other things. I don't know if there is any real benefit for Maye to sitting. If I had to guess today, I would say that Maye starts week one simply because the powers that be with the Patriots are feeling pressure. Look at how things went when he didn't play much in the first preseason game.