Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

McKee is cooking!!!! 👨‍🍳

Wish Kenny wasn’t so clearly cooked, fleece a team for a day 3 pick for him

I hope McKee just gets the second job, he’s so clearly better

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good on Nolan Smith getting a sack even if it wasn’t super impressive. The RBs chip block actually helped him come off the tackle to run down the QB on the inside.

If it was any other player, people would be pimping the fact he has 2 sacks, in what? 30 pre-season snaps? Tonights, actually on a DBL team?? 👌

People just have to hate for the sake of their original agendas.  Sad really. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

So, I watched while I worked and missed some.

EJ Jenkins reminded me of Darren Waller (who I mocked to Philly in the 7th years ago).
A big GA Tech WR moving to TE.
I'd be fine with him at TE3 even though he really developmental at this point.
Waller had fewer than 20 receptions in his first three years.
Then he exploded for 90 at age 27.

Fred Johnson, Trevor Keegan and Dylan McMahon held their own.
With Steen going down and nobody stepping up at RT the right side of the line has suspect depth.

I like the way Tyrion Davis-Price runs.
With his size and speed I think he could flourish behind a starting line.
28 receptions in 43 games (college and pro) gives me some pause, though.

While he wasn't always wide open, Austin Watkins seemed to be available to a good throw.
I'd like to see him get reps against better competition.

Zack Baun, Nakobe Dean and Jeremiah Trotter along with Devin Smith looks like a LB core with potential.
Big ups (does anyone say that anymore) to whoever thought Baun could play inside.

I have always been a proponent of drafting CB's and moving them to safety.
It looks like it may be working for Maddox.
Bradberry, not so much.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

It looks like it may be working for Maddox.
Bradberry, not so much.

To be fair, like Fangio when he was pointing out the massive difference between the two positions, Maddox was a SCB from the jump and Bradberry was always just a outside CB. Avonte has the skill set to play LB/Safety coverages and  responsibilities that come with that role?

JB was always a long shot. Despite his abilities and expirence to potentially be able to do the same.

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

To be fair, like Fangio when he was pointing out the massive difference between the two positions, Maddox was a SCB from the jump and Bradberry was always just a outside CB. Avonte has the skill set to play LB/Safety coverages and  responsibilities that come with that role?

JB was always a long shot. Despite his abilities and expirence to potentially be able to do the same.

Bradberry can’t tackle. He was never going to be a good safety. Playing him there is a waste of time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Bradberry can’t tackle. He was never going to be a good safety. Playing him there is a waste of time. 

This, other than Tanner proving to be way better than Pickett, are the two biggest takeaways from this game. Bradberry can not make this 53 man roster. He is 100% cooked. Cant run or tackle. Tristin McCollum has played well and I would be far more comfortable with him being a backup safety and making the team.

Yep.  They can feed us whatever garbage they want, but the eyes don't lie.  McKee is very clearly a superior talent to Pickett and he made a lot of tight window "NFL" throws.  I don't know whether Pickett just isn't seeing the field or if he just doesn't trust his arm to push the ball down the field on those 2nd level throws, but nearly all 4 sacks he took can be placed at his feet.  It's very clear to me he is seeking out the check down quickly while McKee has his eyes down the field looking to push it and after going through his progressions comes back to the check down.  It's clear and obvious.  I was also wondering if we would see Grier bc he always flashes for me when I get a glimpse and he had a good series.  Hope at the very least they can keep him around on the PS.

Bradberry is definitely cooked.  Our only hope is a CB needy team comes calling and offers the Eagles a late day 3 pick. He easily had the worst 2 plays of any Eagle last night getting juked and completely whiffing on a tackle and then completely losing the edge on the read option.  He clearly has no clue what is going on out there.

As of right now Maddox definitely has demonstrated he's the primary backup at both safety and SCB.  Hopefully we get a good look at DeJean over the next week and show he's ready to be the primary backup at one of those spots week 1.

McCollum probably deserves to make the team.  Definitely going to be a numbers game with a lot of these guys at the back end of the roster and some guys that can probably play aren't going to make the 53.

Will be interested to see if we get a look at Caden Sterms also. 

CB, I think Jobe is going to make the team over Ricks.  I don't think either separated themselves from one or the other and Jobe is a special teams contributor, so Ricks needs to clearly separate himself to have a chance at securing one of the final roster spots.

Jenkins might have won the TE3 job last night.  Hopefully he's OK because he flashed as much as any of the skill players on offense last night.  Uzomah is clearly cooked.  Not a viable receiver in any way and he had a horrible blocking rep where he was responsible for a Shipley run attempt getting blown up in the backfield.  Blocking is supposed to be his strength and if he can't even do that, then there is no place for him on the roster.