College Football Talk 2024!

textaz03

Meaningful College Football is back!! 

The path to the new College Playoff format starts today. If your unfamiliar with the new format, here ya go

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2024-02-20/how-12-team-college-football-playoff-will-work-teams-schedule-bids?amp

Here is the Conference Reallignment changes

https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2024-08-22/college-football-conference-realignment-breakdown-2024-25-teams-new-conferences

🤘🏻HOOK’EM HORNS!! 🤘🏻

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else catch this remark at 14:08 in the 4th quarter of PSU vs WV? I haven't heard a word about it. Not ESPN, not any social media site, nothing from PSU, nadda! Isn't the idea of playing sports to develop character, sportsmanship, healthy competition, may the better man win? This was appalling and the lack of response is deafening. So sad that our children have to see this and think that THIS is the way to behave in sports.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://twitter.com/TWDTV1/status/1829991295324209550%3Fref_src%3Dtwsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet&ved=2ahUKEwil0fTV66CIAxXyGVkFHcIkAHcQ_1N6BAgUEAI&usg=AOvVaw1Ln3vmaUxrKrff2_K_uJJe

Edited by Rtnldave

22 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Anyone else catch this remark at 14:08 in the 4th quarter of PSU vs WV? I haven't heard a word about it. Not ESPN, not any social media site, nothing from PSU, nadda! Isn't the idea of playing sports to develop character, sportsmanship, healthy competition, may the better man win? This was appalling and the lack of response is deafening. So sad that our children have to see this and think that THIS is the way to behave in sports.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://twitter.com/TWDTV1/status/1829991295324209550%3Fref_src%3Dtwsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet&ved=2ahUKEwil0fTV66CIAxXyGVkFHcIkAHcQ_1N6BAgUEAI&usg=AOvVaw1Ln3vmaUxrKrff2_K_uJJe

I’m pretty sure that’s the person recording the video saying that. That’s why there is no mention of it anywhere 

41 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I’m pretty sure that’s the person recording the video saying that. That’s why there is no mention of it anywhere 

Oh hell no, it was the defender, you can read it in his body language. It was loud and clear.

But let's assume for a moment it was the camera man. As the broadcasters, don't you think a mention or apology is in order? Something to the effect of: "It appears our sideline mics have picked up some inappropriate language. Our sincerest apologies to our viewer audience." 

And then fire his ***.

But, that's entertaining your suggestion.

It was the defender all the way. 

On 9/5/2024 at 5:44 PM, Rtnldave said:

Oh hell no, it was the defender, you can read it in his body language. It was loud and clear.

But let's assume for a moment it was the camera man. As the broadcasters, don't you think a mention or apology is in order? Something to the effect of: "It appears our sideline mics have picked up some inappropriate language. Our sincerest apologies to our viewer audience." 

And then fire his ***.

But, that's entertaining your suggestion.

It was the defender all the way. 

Oh yeah, that’s definitely the CB and it’s getting picked up on the big microphone right there… clear as day.  That being said, no media will even touch this subject matter given the social dynamics of the person saying it.

11 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

So, I’m watching the Baylor v Utah game.  Baylor’s MLB’s name is Matt Jones.  Every time he’s involved in a play, I can’t help but think “who the eff is this guy?”

Who’s Matt Jones? 🤷🏼😂

that’s takes this forum back a decade and half lol

Now throw up those horns!! 🤘🏻😎🤘🏻Texas went into The Big House and smacked the defending National Champs in the mouth!!  Michigan’s first loss at home since 2020. 😂 🤘🏻HOOK’EM HORNS!!  🤘🏻

48 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Oh yeah, that’s definitely the CB and it’s getting picked up on the big microphone right there… clear as day.  That being said, no media will even touch this subject matter given the social dynamics of the person saying it.

And THATS what has me so pi$$ed off about it. I gotta hear all about social inequality, DEI, Systemic Racism and a host of other nonsense in my line of work. But heres a guy, A.A., throwing this term around on national TV, a term that would get me fired and blackballed from ever working in this field again. The lies and hypocrisy are so infuriating I wanna explode!

If you're going to sell our youth and our country on this BS, you HAVE to address an issue like this when it happens, otherwise the message to our youth is: "Achieve a high level of athleticism and you are above the law, the rhetoric, etc." Talk about being privledged.

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Now throw up those horns!! 🤘🏻😎🤘🏻Texas went into The Big House and smacked the defending National Champs in the mouth!!  Michigan’s first loss at home since 2020. 😂 🤘🏻HOOK’EM HORNS!!  🤘🏻

No surprise.  Frankly the score flattered Michigan. Texas is pretty good.  Michigan isn't. 

Northern Illinois walks into South Bend and beats Notre Dame.  Now that's a shocker.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Northland said:

No surprise.  Frankly the score flattered Michigan. Texas is pretty good.  Michigan isn't. 

Northern Illinois walks into South Bend and beats Notre Dame.  Now that's a shocker.

ND got beat by unranked Marshal this same week last year.