Titans trade for Ernest Jones IV

titans0021

And yo watched some highlights and mic'd up.. I LOVE THIS GUY!!! Hes a HUGE upgrade over Jack.. And now Jack can slide into his role.  Chance went down yesterday and threw his helmet? idk what happened but we needed a LB and we got one. A starter that had the green dot baby! We got some swag in our defense now and they can back it up 

All I need Ran to do is get me a EDGE rusher but Im almost ok with what we have tbh. VERY excited to see it all on the field but we will be tested EARLY which is why I think we might struggle on defense a bit. Caleb Arod Love Tua! All very good. All have weapons. Some super scary weapons lol. Anyways we gonna see whats really good quick but  let them settle in and by midseason I think we will be playing like a top 5 defense!!!

16 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

And yo watched some highlights and mic'd up.. I LOVE THIS GUY!!! Hes a HUGE upgrade over Jack.. And now Jack can slide into his role.  Chance went down yesterday and threw his helmet? idk what happened but we needed a LB and we got one. A starter that had the green dot baby! We got some swag in our defense now and they can back it up 

All I need Ran to do is get me a EDGE rusher but Im almost ok with what we have tbh. VERY excited to see it all on the field but we will be tested EARLY which is why I think we might struggle on defense a bit. Caleb Arod Love Tua! All very good. All have weapons. Some super scary weapons lol. Anyways we gonna see whats really good quick but  let them settle in and by midseason I think we will be playing like a top 5 defense!!!

Tore his ACL.

20 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i don't know what i'm supposed to take from this, negatively or otherwise. these are press conference non-answers.

Comparing his shift this year to being super bowl champions one year and then a 5 win team the next is not a very flattering comparison.

Usually when a player gets traded and a coach comments on them, it's some fluff piece statement or whatever and move on. Rare you see a coach give such a negative comment.

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Comparing his shift this year to being super bowl champions one year and then a 5 win team the next is not a very flattering comparison.

Usually when a player gets traded and a coach comments on them, it's some fluff piece statement or whatever and move on. Rare you see a coach give such a negative comment.

you are ascribing much, much more sentiment to an extremely boilerplate quote about every year being a new year and guys having to earn it than i'm inclined to. you could ask 31 other head coaches about how much a guy's previous body of work matters, let alone one that was just traded away after a contract dispute, and get an answer that sounds like this. i don't think it's rare at all.

Edited by -Hope-

also, lol, this is the actual interview where this Very Negative Comment was transcribed from. in the first thirty seconds mcvay describes him as a "great guy" and says he "couldn't have been more of a pro." it's literally all coachspeak, man. allowing this stuff to sway you one way or another is silly.

• Like 1