Initial 53-man roster set

So Paton added Kristian Welch to our ILB corps.   We got long looks at him with the extra scrimmages and preseason game.   

1 spot left on PS I imagine if he clears waivers Bailey gets added back there.  

42 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

apparently we turned down Sutton to San fran for a 3rd.

That’s probably market value for him but I’m glad we didn’t take it. Developing Nix is the most important thing this season and he’s gonna need a guy like Court. A 2nd would sway me but I don’t think anyone would be willing to do that. The other theoretical scenario is trading court for a 3rd then keeping Timmy P but that would leave us with hoping everyone’s potential pans out (Timmy is healthy, Reynolds takes a step forward, Mims takes a big step forward, etc). There’s too much risk with that scenario imo. 

6 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

That’s probably market value for him but I’m glad we didn’t take it. Developing Nix is the most important thing this season and he’s gonna need a guy like Court. A 2nd would sway me but I don’t think anyone would be willing to do that. The other theoretical scenario is trading court for a 3rd then keeping Timmy P but that would leave us with hoping everyone’s potential pans out (Timmy is healthy, Reynolds takes a step forward, Mims takes a big step forward, etc). There’s too much risk with that scenario imo. 

well you got to realize san fran is probably gonna have a late 3rd almost a 4th. So I agree probably isn't worth it. if franklin showed more development I'd be intrigued by it. Maybe Sean thinks we're gonna be more competitive than the fans think, and maybe Sutton is being slept on and Russ was just that bad. I got Sutton with the 89th pick in my fantasy draft and I'm extremely happy with that.

Edited by thebestever6

46 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

It’s def close to market value given contract / control.    But that would just not mesh with Payton MO.  

Most of us realize it’s a rebuild year, even if we play meaningful games late in season it’s not like we’re a threat in January.    It’s no coincidence we’re going young on the roster.   

But even with the above Sean Payton doesn’t have it in his DNA to go all-in on a rebuild year.    Trading Sutton would def signal that.   He never did it in NO so we shouldn’t be surprised he won’t do it here.    He isn’t opposed to calling it a day by the deadline if the season is going sideways but not before the season starts.   

If a 2nd had been offered it would have been the biggest challenge to Payton’s MO.   But given SF likely a late 3rd I'm not surprised.  

Because it’s a min wage deal I don’t think it would count against the cap if DEN put him back on the roster and IR’d him.    Not only would it be the right thing to do but Griffiths would get a 4th year of service time.   Def explains why he underperformed at TC.      

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

On 8/29/2024 at 7:24 PM, Broncofan said:

So Paton added Kristian Welch to our ILB corps.   We got long looks at him with the extra scrimmages and preseason game.   

1 spot left on PS I imagine if he clears waivers Bailey gets added back there.  

85 go get in the weight room