2024 Eagles regular season

35 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I guess because actual eagles insiders like John McMullen stating over and over and over again that it's kellens offense just being run poorly has something to do with my opinion. It may have something to do with shane taking over mid 21 and through 22 and there being a visible difference throughout that entire time has something to do with my opinion. Him getting paid prior to the 23 season and an emphasis on him becoming more of a passer and less of a power runner became evident with the product on the field and the huge increase in turnovers. Him stating that the offense was 95% new after struggling in the spring sessions also makes me think jalens opinion has something to do with the dumbed down offense. I personally am fine with Nick gone because I think he's a clown, but in no way we're we running the offense that man was running when he first got here. 8 wr screens a game was brutal to watch. I just think Jalen is a coach/coordinator killer and nick is the last head to roll in this regime. The contract this B rated Dak clone got is going to cripple our offense full of explosive talent for awhile and it's frustrating. Nick was the OC for a 4600 39/15 season so I'm going to guess he knows how to coordinate a passing game just fine. Just not for a guy who only know the go, the drag, and the curl

Jacoby Brisett has started double digit games in a season 3 times.

I bet you can guess who was the OC his best statistical season.

21 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I guess because actual eagles insiders like John McMullen stating over and over and over again that it's kellens offense just being run poorly has something to do with my opinion. It may have something to do with shane taking over mid 21 and through 22 and there being a visible difference throughout that entire time has something to do with my opinion. Him getting paid prior to the 23 season and an emphasis on him becoming more of a passer and less of a power runner became evident with the product on the field and the huge increase in turnovers. Him stating that the offense was 95% new after struggling in the spring sessions also makes me think jalens opinion has something to do with the dumbed down offense. I personally am fine with Nick gone because I think he's a clown, but in no way we're we running the offense that man was running when he first got here. 8 wr screens a game was brutal to watch. I just think Jalen is a coach/coordinator killer and nick is the last head to roll in this regime. The contract this B rated Dak clone got is going to cripple our offense full of explosive talent for awhile and it's frustrating. Nick was the OC for a 4600 39/15 season so I'm going to guess he knows how to coordinate a passing game just fine. Just not for a guy who only know the go, the drag, and the curl

You know what other people are saying? That the offense we are running right now looks like Sirianni’s with some motion. Eye test also checks out on that. Don’t think the appeal to authority is all that convincing. 

Steichen ran Sirianni’s offense. He just ran it better and committed to the run. Then Jalen played very well in 2022. It’s not like any of the concepts we are running are any different than the SB year. Jalen just played better and the league didn’t know how to handle Hurts as well. 

I don’t really care what players say to the media. They say dumb, incorrect stuff all the time. Putting stock into that is silly. The changes in the offense could have been anything. Verbiage, pre snap stuff, dealing with managing protections, hot reads etc…

Nick didn’t even run the Colts offense. It was Reich’s. He didn’t call plays and for good reason as we have seen what that looks like. But like what’s the point of all this? You were basically claiming Jalen has just been playing OC from the LoS and that is why the offense sucks. Hypothetically speaking even if that is the case…. Isn’t that still on the coaches? Do they not have any control over their team? Do they command any respect? What exactly do they do if they can’t even get their QB to run the offense they call? No matter how you shake this it looks really bad for one person more than anyone else. 

32 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Jacoby Brisett has started double digit games in a season 3 times.

I bet you can guess who was the OC his best statistical season.

If we want to use contextless nonsense because we’re so angry about Jalen hurts that objectivity has fallen to complete cognitive dissonance 

what QB quarterbacked a Nick sirianni offense to its absolute highest ranking of his career. By a noticeable margin?

I’ll give you a hint

its the guy you’re stomping your feet about

4 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

If we want to use contextless nonsense because we’re so angry about Jalen hurts that objectivity has fallen to complete cognitive dissonance 

what QB quarterbacked a Nick sirianni offense to its absolute highest ranking of his career. By a noticeable margin?

I’ll give you a hint

its the guy you’re stomping your feet about

And that season was the exception, and not the rule.

Teams have figured out how to defend Hurts, funnel everything to the boundary and ignore between the hash marks.

I was just watching 2022 highlights, and Oklahoma highlights, and that is who Jalen is.  Deep balls to the outside is what he wants to do.  Watching the 2022 highlights, Devonta and AJ had to make amazing catches in double coverage to often.

Teams have figured out what Hurts does well, they are taking it away, and know he can not progress through reads to find the other options.

34 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You know what other people are saying? That the offense we are running right now looks like Sirianni’s with some motion. Eye test also checks out on that. Don’t think the appeal to authority is all that convincing. 

Steichen ran Sirianni’s offense. He just ran it better and committed to the run. Then Jalen played very well in 2022. It’s not like any of the concepts we are running are any different than the SB year. Jalen just played better and the league didn’t know how to handle Hurts as well. 

I don’t really care what players say to the media. They say dumb, incorrect stuff all the time. Putting stock into that is silly. The changes in the offense could have been anything. Verbiage, pre snap stuff, dealing with managing protections, hot reads etc…

Nick didn’t even run the Colts offense. It was Reich’s. He didn’t call plays and for good reason as we have seen what that looks like. But like what’s the point of all this? You were basically claiming Jalen has just been playing OC from the LoS and that is why the offense sucks. Hypothetically speaking even if that is the case…. Isn’t that still on the coaches? Do they not have any control over their team? Do they command any respect? What exactly do they do if they can’t even get their QB to run the offense they call? No matter how you shake this it looks really bad for one person more than anyone else. 

I think what’s clear is none of these people have a concept what responsibilities being head coach actually entails.

its like they think any of this can’t be traced back to poor coaching. 

it’s a head coaches job to find solutions, arrive at answers. 

jalen hurts has to answer for his own sins. But this is not a well coached team

AJ brown and devonta smith are having some of the worst “getting open” stats the last decade. Is that because they can’t run routes? 

I get being angry but being blind? Ridiculous

what happened to those 2022 goedert slip screens that used to get 15 yards a pop

I’m assuming Jalen hurts happened? 

why have I yet to see an old school RB screen? I wonder if saquon barkley would be good in space with athletic OLman.

we have a pretty decent blocker in goedert and Johnny Wilson and athletic OLman every where. Why haven’t I seen the defensive line let into the backfield with AJ brown slipping in behind them for a screen with guys like goedert and Wilson blocking for him.

im assuming Jalen 

Just now, downundermike said:

And that season was the exception, and not the rule.

Teams have figured out how to defend Hurts, funnel everything to the boundary and ignore between the hash marks.

I was just watching 2022 highlights, and Oklahoma highlights, and that is who Jalen is.  Deep balls to the outside is what he wants to do.  Watching the 2022 highlights, Devonta and AJ had to make amazing catches in double coverage to often.

Teams have figured out what Hurts does well, they are taking it away, and know he can not progress through reads to find the other options.

If only there was a position on an nfl team who’s job it was to have solutions for what other teams figure out about their own team

if only there was an infinite amount of creative ways to run the same play. If only there was an infinite amount of ways to disguise and confuse defenses

if only there was a hired position on an nfl team who’s job it was to figure out how to achieve these things

The absolute dumbest part of this argument and I mean the dumbest by far

is that if jalen did it once, then a good coach would be able to figure out how to do that again. How to creatively achieve what was achieved before in new and fresh ways.

2 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

If only there was a position on an nfl team who’s job it was to have solutions for what other teams figure out about their own team

if only there was an infinite amount of creative ways to run the same play. If only there was an infinite amount of ways to disguise and confuse defenses

if only there was a hired position on an nfl team who’s job it was to figure out how to achieve these things

The absolute dumbest part of this argument and I mean the dumbest by far

is that if jalen did it once, then a good coach would be able to figure out how to do that again. How to creatively achieve what was achieved before in new and fresh ways.

I think the argument is dumb that it isnt  an outlier season when all the evidence is showing so. It's not like he just got here.... he has started games for this team now for 5 years at some point. His Oklahoma film and his nfl film are damn near identical all the way up to 23 where he is starting to slow down physically. May, just maybe... he had a good year and that's that. It's happened a lot in the nfl. Not saying he is unstartable. Saying he isnt worth 50 million and it doesn't matter if mcvay is his coach, probably doesn't make him good consistently 

Two things can be true. 

Jalen Hurts has held the offense back and has not developed how he needed to. 

Nick Sirianni has not done nearly enough to negate Hurts’ shortcomings or develop him. He is also just a bad coach who lost a locker room and whose team has consistently committed mind boggling mistakes. 

Like it would be much easier for me to point to Jalen and blame everything on him if they did some of the things most people want to see. Or if the team wasn’t a sloppy mess that refuses to play clean football. But with the way this team plays every week it is so beyond apparent to me this is a terribly coached team. 

27 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I think the argument is dumb that it isnt  an outlier season when all the evidence is showing so. It's not like he just got here.... he has started games for this team now for 5 years at some point. His Oklahoma film and his nfl film are damn near identical all the way up to 23 where he is starting to slow down physically. May, just maybe... he had a good year and that's that. It's happened a lot in the nfl. Not saying he is unstartable. Saying he isnt worth 50 million and it doesn't matter if mcvay is his coach, probably doesn't make him good consistently 

Again, where have I said it’s not an outlier

its factually an outlier. 

I don’t know what Jalen hurts looks like with Sean mcvay, but he’d look better, if even for fleeting moments and spurts he’d look better, the offense as a whole would look better. 

and that’s my point. Sirianni isn’t doing enough and it’s his job to do more. There’s a million ways to design a go route, there’s a million presnap motions to disguise a go route, there’s thousands of play actions, of route combinations to hit a go route

and Jalen’s first read would still be a what?

go route

the offense doesn’t have to look like this

even with Jalen’s limitations 

Edited by Last Stand

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Two things can be true. 

Jalen Hurts has held the offense back and has not developed how he needed to. 

Nick Sirianni has not done nearly enough to negate Hurts’ shortcomings or develop him. He is also just a bad coach who lost a locker room and whose team has consistently committed mind boggling mistakes. 

Like it would be much easier for me to point to Jalen and blame everything on him if they did some of the things most people want to see. Or if the team wasn’t a sloppy mess that refuses to play clean football. But with the way this team plays every week it is so beyond apparent to me this is a terribly coached team. 

there’s so much nuance to this issue, jalen is bad, he’s also 1 of many people performing below how they seemingly should

statistically devonta and AJ can’t get open. I think we know whose fault that is. 

this just isn’t some well oiled team with a bad QB. This is a largely underperforming team for 2 seasons now.

This is a messy team with a mess at QB

jalen has sins

sirianni needs to be fired

6 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Well just like in any scenario, if you talk **** and you're in the wrong, like Nick is...then you're gonna look like the clown he is. If Nick wants to get his *** kicked and get curb stomped then thats on him.

So what you're really saying is, you'd rather take 3 hrs of abuse worried you'd get your *** whooped by responding?

Actually fits! Good for you. Thats one approach.🍺

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So what you're really saying is, you'd rather take 3 hrs of abuse worried you'd get your *** whooped by responding?

Actually fits! Good for you. Thats one approach.🍺

If I was as bad at my job as Nick is, then I would understand why im taking "3 hours of abuse". I would enjoy my HC salary though while it lasted and move on.

16 hours ago, Last Stand said:

Again, where have I said it’s not an outlier

its factually an outlier. 

I don’t know what Jalen hurts looks like with Sean mcvay, but he’d look better, if even for fleeting moments and spurts he’d look better, the offense as a whole would look better. 

and that’s my point. Sirianni isn’t doing enough and it’s his job to do more. There’s a million ways to design a go route, there’s a million presnap motions to disguise a go route, there’s thousands of play actions, of route combinations to hit a go route

and Jalen’s first read would still be a what?

go route

the offense doesn’t have to look like this

even with Jalen’s limitations 

Then what do you suggest? Remove jalens audible ability and remove the go route option? Because that's about all you can do. Mcmullen this morning is discussing exactly our conversation and is saying that it doesn't matter what coach you bring in if jalen is here because jalen is hell bent on running the offense with low percentage shots to Smith and brown all game, and it's been like that since day one for anyone who's been paying attention.  He also said the set up we have now with players and coaches, this team would run better with a Goff type qb... so yeah..

Edited by Shalodeep