2024 Eagles regular season

17 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

So our most important thing going into this week...What happens at LT? Does Fred Johnson Step up? Do we try n flip Becton and put Steen at Guard? What do we do? what will work best? 

I'd only adjust one spot and put Fred out there. Get him all the reps this week with the 1s and plan on him being the LT until Jordan comes back. Steen is an intriguing LT fallback option.

• Like 1

I'd start the process of phasing Nakobe Dean out of the regular defense. Start rotating Trot, Burks or BVS in there with the 1's during practice and games. He's bringing next to nothing to the table. You know what you have in him. At least with Trot and BVS there's some potential upside and unknown. Burks could probably do what Nakobe is doing right this second.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Then what do you suggest? Remove jalens audible ability and remove the go route option? Because that's about all you can do. Mcmullen this morning is discussing exactly our conversation and is saying that it doesn't matter what coach you bring in if jalen is here because jalen is hell bent on running the offense with low percentage shots to Smith and brown all game, and it's been like that since day one for anyone who's been paying attention.  He also said the set up we have now with players and coaches, this team would run better with a Goff type qb... so yeah..

So uh 

coaching issue? No matter how you slice it.

coaching issue.

this is just regurgitated Carson wentz nonsense. These exact same reports said the exact same things about Carson. Audibling at the line, changing plays, refusing to run the coaches offense. 

and yet we see Doug pederson floundering in Jacksonville.

If Nick can’t adequately put Jalen in his place and can’t adequately meet in the middle, can’t adequately play to Jalen’s strengths and alleviate his weaknesses then he’s not the head coach for this team

i I literally listened to Fran Duffy talk about how Matt lafleur and Aaron Rodgers couldn’t get along. That Rodgers didn’t want to run motion, he thought it was useless. So they met in the middle

and that’s the all time ****** at QB and a first year head coach. 

a QB with more pedigree than Jalen hurts has had and will ever have

so I can sell you a beach in Idaho if you really believe no coach can come in here and change the offense. 

it is literally nicks job to make this situation work

2 hours ago, Last Stand said:

So uh 

coaching issue? No matter how you slice it.

coaching issue.

this is just regurgitated Carson wentz nonsense. These exact same reports said the exact same things about Carson. Audibling at the line, changing plays, refusing to run the coaches offense. 

and yet we see Doug pederson floundering in Jacksonville.

If Nick can’t adequately put Jalen in his place and can’t adequately meet in the middle, can’t adequately play to Jalen’s strengths and alleviate his weaknesses then he’s not the head coach for this team

i I literally listened to Fran Duffy talk about how Matt lafleur and Aaron Rodgers couldn’t get along. That Rodgers didn’t want to run motion, he thought it was useless. So they met in the middle

and that’s the all time ****** at QB and a first year head coach. 

a QB with more pedigree than Jalen hurts has had and will ever have

so I can sell you a beach in Idaho if you really believe no coach can come in here and change the offense. 

it is literally nicks job to make this situation work

By your point of view then every failed qb is just a coaching problem then.  I feel if you switched jalen with a competent pocket qb....these coaches would be just fine....and I hate nick lol 

Also...pretty sure Rodgers was far more proven than a single outlier year and his worst years are career years for jalen...wouldn't compare that situation to this 

One thing that doesn't add up is everyone complains that Jalen has had so many OCs but then it's been nicks offense from day 1.... like is that the excuse only available when convenient? Ignored for 22?

And Lawrence is his own problem. Kid made it clear he doesn't obsess over this sport and doug isn't exactly known for being a pusher. Doug's issue is his loyalty to press. No reason that man should be an OC

Edited by Shalodeep

51 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

By your point of view then every failed qb is just a coaching problem then.  I feel if you switched jalen with a competent pocket qb....these coaches would be just fine....and I hate nick lol 

Also...pretty sure Rodgers was far more proven than a single outlier year and his worst years are career years for jalen...wouldn't compare that situation to this 

One thing that doesn't add up is everyone complains that Jalen has had so many OCs but then it's been nicks offense from day 1.... like is that the excuse only available when convenient? Ignored for 22?

And Lawrence is his own problem. Kid made it clear he doesn't obsess over this sport and doug isn't exactly known for being a pusher. Doug's issue is his loyalty to press. No reason that man should be an OC

Most failed QBs are a combination of organizational failure, coaching failure and or self failure to some extent

no people wouldn’t say the coaches are fine. The team top to bottom, left to right is sloppy

i made very clear the difference between Rodgers and hurts lol

your whole argument assumes that I 

A) think hurts is the guy

B) think the issues are just offensively

C) that I’m not expecting a new QB in 2026

This is a coaching and player failure. But the coach isn’t doing enough to make the offense as a whole better.