2024 Fantasy Football Trade Help

Forge

Figured it was time to get this back up so we can separate this from general discussion and start / sit help. Plus, I make a lot of trade offers and I like to bounce it off people here. 

So I have a guy that really wants Caleb Williams. He's my qb2 (superflex). He has Lawrence, and I'm fine with getting Lawrence back as a replacement for my QB2 spot, but I'm trying to figure out how to even it. 

I tried to do a Caleb + Adams for Lawrence + AJ Brown, but he said he couldn't do that this early. 

He does have MHjr though? So I'm thinking maybe Caleb + something for MHjr + Lawrence? But I'm not sure who that player should be. My team: 

QB - Lamar, Caleb

RB - Breece, Jacobs, Achane, Moster, Warren, McLaughlin

WR - Adams, Rashee Rice, Brian Thomas, Jameson Williams, Tyler Lockett

Caleb + Brian Thomas JR ? 

Or should I just not make this deal period and stick with Caleb? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

So I have a guy that really wants Caleb Williams. He's my qb2 (superflex). He has Lawrence, and I'm fine with getting Lawrence back as a replacement for my QB2 spot, but I'm trying to figure out how to even it. 

I tried to do a Caleb + Adams for Lawrence + AJ Brown, but he said he couldn't do that this early. 

He does have MHjr though? So I'm thinking maybe Caleb + something for MHjr + Lawrence? But I'm not sure who that player should be. My team: 

QB - Lamar, Caleb

If he wants Caleb, he needs to be willing to give more on the 2nd piece vs what you are.  I think you work your way through the different combos of WR ( or other pieces to add)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If he wants Caleb, he needs to be willing to give more on the 2nd piece vs what you are.  I think you work your way through the different combos of WR ( or other pieces to add)

My biggest concern is that I'm maybe muddying up my middle with that kind of trade. I think Caleb >> Lawrence....and while I like someone like Marvin a lot more than I like a guy like Brian Thomas Jr, it's really a question of Marvin vs whoever I'm pulling out of the lineup for him. 

Like, would I rather start Caleb +  Rice or Achane or Mostert or would I rather start Lawrence + Marvin Harrison. 

I think in terms of net value, Lawrence + Harrison may actually be worse in my lineup? 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

My biggest concern is that I'm maybe muddying up my middle with that kind of trade. I think Caleb >> Lawrence....and while I like someone like Marvin a lot more than I like a guy like Brian Thomas Jr, it's really a question of Marvin vs whoever I'm pulling out of the lineup for him. 

Like, would I rather start Caleb +  Rice or Achane or Mostert or would I rather start Lawrence + Marvin Harrison. 

I think in terms of net value, Lawrence + Harrison may actually be worse in my lineup? 

I say don't settle. If you don't want to trade Caleb then he has to meet your don't want to sell price.

The other side is Marv is an upgrade at WR2. If you can get away with trading Jameson you will have the Lawrence BT Jr. stack.

If you're this on the fence on a player you don't want to trade I'd stand pat.

• Like 1

I'm trying to acquire McBride to stack with Kyler. 10 tm 3 WR, 2 RB, 2 Flex Full PPR. Offer is McBride for Mostert and Friermuth

QB: Kyler, Jayden,

WR: AJ Brown, Waddle, Metcalf, Rice, Pickens, J. Reed

RB: Gibs, Connor, Mostert, Corum, Dobbins, J. Brooks (IR spot)

I was thinking adding in Brian Robinson Jr. in 2 for 2

4 hours ago, Forge said:

QB - Lamar, Caleb

I am not as big on Rice as others and think MHJ is quite the upgrade over him.  I actually like Thomas quite a bit and think he will be WR1 in JAX.  Jamo is a big question mark so would be the easiest choice to move but doubt he does that.  But honestly I would require something like that if I was going to move Caleb in a super flex league.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I'm trying to acquire McBride to stack with Kyler. 10 tm 3 WR, 2 RB, 2 Flex Full PPR. Offer is McBride for Mostert and Friermuth

Since it doesn't look like you're going to use mostert all that much, I'd do that. McBride is a huge net upgrade for you

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

If I had McBride I would not do it as just McBride for those two.  You are moving a couple 10tth ish round picks for a 4th/5th round pick and I am guessing Mostert wouldn't start for him and in a 10 team league, Freiermuth shouldn't be starting for anyone. If you can get him to take that deal its a huge win for you but at the same time I don't love your RBs as it is so losing Mostert just makes it worse. 

IMO, I would rather have Brian Robinson Jr than Mostert so in a 2 for 2, he would be taking hits on both guys with a huge hit on TE. 

I think a more fair deal without knowing his team is something like Pickens/Reed, Mostert and Freiermuth for McBride, Brian Robinson Jr and one of his last WRs on the bench.  Even then if I am him and don't really need a WR I am not making that move so if he offered it than hit accept as fast as you can. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Adams + Achane + kittle 

For 

Gibbs + kupp + njoku

Full ppr. Which side do you prefer

I like Gibbs but I'm a bit Biased. I have Gibbs and Mostert. I'm betting against Achane's body hold up a full 17.

Full PPR its close but probably Kittle being the tie breaker.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I like Gibbs but I'm a bit Biased. I have Gibbs and Mostert. I'm betting against Achane's body hold up a full 17.

Full PPR its close but probably Kittle being the tie breaker.

How would you feel if the deal was dk + Gibbs for Achane and Adams? Would you prefer dk and Gibbs?

Just now, twslhs20 said:

I will say you definitely want the back in a Shanny or McDaniel offense. It feels similar to have the back in a Belichick offense.

Fwiw, I have both mostert and Achane

• Like 1