Player Progression 2024 Season

lumberjackchris

42 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

He leads the league in rushing after week 1, and I don't think its an overreaction to say that he could be a top 5 rusher by seasons end. It wasn't that we were playing a poor rush defense, its the way he looked running. He was making cuts, hitting holes, running through arm tackles. I think he can go for 1200 yards this season. Crazy as it sounds, even with a 17th game, 1200 would have been number 2 in the league last year. He just needs to average 65 yards a game to get to 1200 and stay healthy. I honestly think he can do 80 yards a game on average and play 14-15 games. That would be right at 1200. 

8 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Whoever is in that studio needs to stop talking over Belly. Recognize an All Time great is speaking.

This being said... Belly is GUSHING over that throw.

• Like 2

Looking ahead, I am not opposed to using a first round pick on a tackle this year and moving on from both our guys. 

Tunsil can be cut for a cap savings of about 4 million
Howard can be cut for a cap savings of about 2 million
Mason can be cut for a cap savings of about 2 million

or if we wait 1 more year

Tunsil can be cut for a cap savings of 21 million
Howard can be cut for a cap savings of 13 million
Mason can be cut for a cap savings of 7 million

It sucks to be here, you can your young QB protected with all this money, and if we move on after this year, we are left with either what we have...Blake Fisher manning one spot and a rookie or 2 manning the other....or you wait another year when you have money to spend and potentially a 3rd year fisher and a 2nd year guy from last year. 

This doesn't even count Scruggs and Green who are on cheap rookie deals. 

Either way, we have to think about this issue because its not working. 

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If Nico doesn’t get hurt, I think he will lead the league in yards and possibly set a franchise record. 1598 is the current record. Nico is on pace for 2,078. I doubt that happens but he could easily be the first to break the 1600 mark. 

He’s reminding me of prime Dre right now, how he always seemed to be open in those 15-20 breakers 

On 9/24/2024 at 3:10 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Looking ahead, I am not opposed to using a first round pick on a tackle this year and moving on from both our guys. 

Tunsil can be cut for a cap savings of about 4 million
Howard can be cut for a cap savings of about 2 million
Mason can be cut for a cap savings of about 2 million

or if we wait 1 more year

Tunsil can be cut for a cap savings of 21 million
Howard can be cut for a cap savings of 13 million
Mason can be cut for a cap savings of 7 million

It sucks to be here, you can your young QB protected with all this money, and if we move on after this year, we are left with either what we have...Blake Fisher manning one spot and a rookie or 2 manning the other....or you wait another year when you have money to spend and potentially a 3rd year fisher and a 2nd year guy from last year. 

This doesn't even count Scruggs and Green who are on cheap rookie deals. 

Either way, we have to think about this issue because its not working. 

I get that Tunsil has way too many penalties this year, but to cut a historically top 5-10 LT in this league simply for cap savings is asinine. Need I remind you of the Julien Davenport experiment prior to trading for Tunsil?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

I get that Tunsil has way too many penalties this year, but to cut a historically top 5-10 LT in this league simply for cap savings is asinine. Need I remind you of the Julien Davenport experiment prior to trading for Tunsil?

It doesnt matter if he pass protects well if he gets the play called back for holding.....and it really doesnt matter how well he can pass block when hes killing drives with false starts. I really dont want to get rid of Tunsil, but hes got to clean that up. Mason and Howard however need to go.