Another test

Mid Iowa

I guess every game is going to be "a real test" at this point.

The Eagles... 2 weeks ago we'd call them a real test, and they're no joke, but they're on the wrong end of a trend, and that trend is down. So even if we win, well, it's over the lowly Eagle.

Next week at the Falcons - They are also "a real test", but they've got an old QB coming off an Achilles... So that game won't matter to the naysayers.

Then, to me, the real measure is Monday Night in KC in 2 weeks. KC is undeniable! If we win there, or even come close, then all bets are off!!! We could be 4-0 going into that game when most of us were thinking maybe 2-2 at best. That's going to be one heck of a matchup, and the entire season will revolve around the results of... that, one, game!

I hope we put Nick Sirianni on the hot seat. "Hey "Siri"... How hot is a hot seat?" 

WhoDat!!

Just like it was too early to hype things too much after beating the Panthers in week 1. It's definitely too early to say this team isn't a legitimately good team. We lost in the final seconds to a team that was arguably viewed as a top 2 NFC team heading into the season. I'm not really ready to "panic" yet even if the offense wasn't clicking like it had been the first couple games. Carr missed a few throws that could have drastically altered the outcome of the game. Biggest one that comes to mind was the near touchdown to Shaheed that was slightly underthrown. The ill advised throw to end that game also left a bit to be desired. Losing our Center definitely impacted the game quite a bit on offense along with not having Taysom Hill out there. His versatility really does impact games when utilized properly. A win next week and we are right on track again for a good season. 

• Like 1

@tyler735 I agree, and this may have been the reality check they needed. Klint clearly didn't have the right game plan, and the halftime adjustments were mediocre. I can't be mad at the defense, they were freaking gasses. It reminded me of the last 2+ seasons all over again. When 16 points would win you the game, and you can't get there after consecutive weeks of 40+.

@Raves You made me laugh. Rob Schnider "oh no... we suck again" LOL!

Let's hope it's temporary. Atlanta and Tampa did us favors by losing, so we're still in good division shape, and outside of Ruiz, I think we'll be okay injury wise.

Atlanta and KC are going to be statement games. We were either fools gold in the first 2 weeks, or we needed slapped by Philly to wake up.

• Like 1

I will say Zack Baun is a guy I feel like our coaching staff really dropped the ball with. I was thrilled when we drafted him and thought we got an absolute steal getting him in the 3rd round. Thought he easily could have been a late 1st/2nd round pick in the 2020 draft. Then we basically never gave him a real chance to play in his first few seasons and didn't play to his strengths at all. Now through 3 games with the Eagles he already has more tackles than he did in any season with the Saints. He 13 tackles in week 3 against us, 9 tackles in week 2, and 15 tackles in week 1. He also has 2 sacks and 1 tackle for loss in his first 3 games this season. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I will say Zack Baun is a guy I feel like our coaching staff really dropped the ball with. I was thrilled when we drafted him and thought we got an absolute steal getting him in the 3rd round. Thought he easily could have been a late 1st/2nd round pick in the 2020 draft. Then we basically never gave him a real chance to play in his first few seasons and didn't play to his strengths at all. Now through 3 games with the Eagles he already has more tackles than he did in any season with the Saints. He 13 tackles in week 3 against us, 9 tackles in week 2, and 15 tackles in week 1. He also has 2 sacks and 1 tackle for loss in his first 3 games this season. 

Go figure. How many players have we seen this happen with? I know we've been on the receiving end of similar situations, but it always stings when it bites us in the arse.

Hopefully Ruiz (or Patrick) can do a decent job at Center and a guy like Saldiveri can step up as and be competent at OG. On the bright side, our interior OL will not be going up against Jalen Carter/Jordan Davis every week. That was a very tough assignment last game made significantly more difficult with the injuries on the OL.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2024 at 4:41 PM, Jlowe22 said:

Mccoy out for 6-8 weeks.

Rip Saints offense, Sept 8 2024-sept 22 2024.

This one stings. I know there are some FA centers out there that could jump in, but who knows if we'll make a move. The Lions need a center, too.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

This one stings. I know there are some FA centers out there that could jump in, but who knows if we'll make a move. The Lions need a center, too.

Reminds me of Brees era every time Armstead went down was a rough time.  Hopefully our defense is good enough we can win games without scoring 40.

• Like 1