Jets vs Vikings Thread:

JetsandI

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

the Vikings are winning now because of their coaches.

Darnold is really playing sort of middling, but O'Connell literally being in his ear makes all the difference.

our defense is exceptional because the D players buy into what Flores is preaching. they play with confidence in outcomes.

from what i read of your guys' views, your coaching has been sub par. if true, that will get exploited in London.

I can't believe I have to wake up early to watch this kind of coaching.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Anyways, after few Vikings related comments had posted in several threads I think we need to have Jets-Vikings Thread set up here.

yes, please.

i'm not in here to troll, guys, or be petty. i learn more about other teams by reading what their fans write. and i don't really follow the AFC anyway.

and then there's the kicker that no Viking fan really cares for Rodgers.

18 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We're losing if Sauce isn't in man coverage against Jefferson. 

we're using Jefferson a lot as a decoy lately, to spring open Addison or a TE or Aaron Jones out of the backfield. then when the opposing D gets wind of that and starts moving its resources around, boom goes the big pass to Jefferson.

you'll also see Jefferson lined up in the backfield a lot. both our O and D is predicated on creating confusion.

Edited by vike daddy

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

we're using Jefferson a lot as a decoy lately, to spring open Addison or a TE or Aaron Jones out of the backfield. then when the opposing D gets wind of that and starts moving its resources around, boom goes the big pass to Jefferson.

That is what I want for Jets.   Wilson is weak and lazy to fool anyone.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

for whatever it's worth, the Vikings are flying to London on Thursday night, sleeping on the plane, and arriving Friday morning. maybe you guys are traveling the same, but we're taking this game very seriously.

we have our bye after it, and have the chance to take an early season break at 5-0.

Dunno.  Schedule setup for practice field.  Vikings go first because they are considered as a home team.  Dunno.

@KingOfNewYork  Any chance to learn when Jets arrive in London?

• Like 1

Just now, rickyt31 said:

My gut tells me we're going to stick with our same scheme. Jefferson will either burn Reed for a big play or beat Sauce while he's limited in Zone. Things will go crazy after that. 

I distinctly remembered Sauce talking about him cover crossing pattern or something like that.  It should be classified as a man coverage as defense adds new assignments.   Maybe it was not there because we didn't have a solid run stuffer on the roster last 4 games.  Dunno.

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

I'm fine with that. Reed, Carter, and others can hold their own. If anything fall. A part there, it's coaching.

We can't let Jefferson cook us early, then our defense tries to adapt to stopping him with safety help. That will open up everything for your offense. Mosley is hurt, so the center of our defense will need our safeties. Your TE and Jones can kill us in the passing game. Sauce has to stick with Jefferson. 

• Like 1