2024 NBA Preseason

11sanchez11

14 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I think the Blazers are going to be the worst team this year because they have to double down on Scoot, who was somehow worse than Emmanuel Mudiay last year. I'm generally not too hard on rookies in any sport but I've never seen someone as bad as Scoot was turn into anything.

Scoot finished the year stronger and I think he has some upside if he has any talent around him.  He played most of last year with no Simmons or Sharpe and they added Avdija to help this year too. I dont think he is the star he was supposed to be but I think he can still be a solid PG.  But I also agree the Blazers are likely destined for a top 3 lotto spot this year.   

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Its almost like on a good team he is/should be a Colin Sexton who comes off the bench but can start here and there when needed but sucks on D so having him in your primary rotation leads to losses. 

Sexton is probably a little more suited for a bench role, IMO, just because he plays with so much energy. 

I think Beal can start for a good team, he's a really good scorer but the fit with Booker and Durant is just super clunky. 

I think he'd absolutely murk second team defenses though and having him and Allen off the bench would be a huge strength.

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Scoot finished the year stronger and I think he has some upside if he has any talent around him.  He played most of last year with no Simmons or Sharpe and they added Avdija to help this year too. I dont think he is the star he was supposed to be but I think he can still be a solid PG.  But I also agree the Blazers are likely destined for a top 3 lotto spot this year.   

Am I crazy to think that a rotation including Simmons, Sharpe, Avdija, Grant, and Ayton can win some games?

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Am I crazy to think that a rotation including Simmons, Sharpe, Avdija, Grant, and Ayton can win some games?

I think it can win games, but similar to the Jazz, the solid lineup is going up against a tough Western Conference.  They should clean up against the bottom of the east but they will have trouble winning much in the west where I can see 13 teams making the playoffs. One or two of Simmons/Sharpe/Henderson would have to turn into superstars to win too many games. 

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The Suns starters (Beal, Booker, Grayson,KD, and Nurkic) had a +10 net rating last year. They weren't the problem. The problem was their bench was Josh Okogie and Drew Eubanks. 

Imagine how much better the second unit would be with Beal/Allen though, they would absolutely torch everyone. 

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They will.  They are going to be one of those scrappy teams that beats teams they shouldnt beat throughout the season.  They still will be bad, but they wont be the worst team in the league. I'm willing to bet money it will be some combination of Washington, Charlotte, or Brooklyn. 

The Jazz's rotation seems to be set heading into the season. 

PG: George (30) / Mills (18)

SG: Sexton (24) / Clarkson (24) 

SF: Lauri (32) / Williams (20)

PF: Hendricks (28) / Sensabaugh (18)

C : Kessler (28) / Collins (20)

Keyonte George looks like he's primed to make a pretty significant leap this season. Cody Williams has flashed and looked really good when we sat the veterans but doesn't look to shoot at all with our normal rotation. I'm just praying that they actually commit to the youth movement this year and we lose enough to be in contention for a top pick. It's also time to throw the young dudes into the fire to find out who can be considered pieces here long term.