Gameday Thread: Week 6 Bengals @ Giants

Shockwave

Bengals 1-4 @ Giants 2-3 8:20PM Metlife Stadium

All Time Record vs Bengals:
5-6

Last Meeting 2020:
Giants 19 Bengals 17

Graham Gano led the way with 4 FG's and Gallman with a TD from the goal line. One of Evan Engrams best games played for us. 6 catches 129 yards. 

Current Notable Injuries:

Giants:
Malik Nabers (Concussion Protocol)
Devin Singletary (Groin)
Gano (IR)

Bengals:
Dax Hill (IR)
Sheldon Rankins (Hamstring)
Jaxson Kirkland (IR)
Zack Moss (Ankle)
Trent Brown (IR)
Mike Hilton (Knee)

Was really hoping this game would get flexed considering how they tend to play in Prime Time. But no luck. Super explosive offense comes into Metlife stadium and they badly need a win. This will be a big test of Bowens defense that has proven so far to be effective in taking away these high powered passing attacks. Banks has been able to slow down Ceedee Lamb and completely shutdown DK in recent weeks, the pass rush is really starting to hit it's stride and it should be an interested chess match. On offense I expect to be able to move the ball. Bengals have given up 145 pts (29.0 PPG) landing them second worst in the league. Their rush defense is 3rd worse in the league. Their secondary will be missing Dax Hill and Hilton is still listed as questionable. Daboll having no update on Nabers current status yesterday is troublesome. If he's a go I really like our chances at getting back to .500

Giants: 23
Bengals: 21

I've a feeling were gonna show out in this game. Dex, Thibs and Burns are starting to making their names be feared in the last few weeks. I like how DJ has played in the last 2 games as well. Its as if.. were showing some semblance of being a decent team again. I'm gonna take a chance and say ...

Giants 26 / Bengals 312... (im doing my part)

• Like 1

Last year, the Seahawks game was the true litmus test for me, and we failed miserably. This year, I think this game is the true litmus test. The Bengals are reeling a bit, but they are still a talented team overall. The Giants have been bad at home and bad in primetime, Daniel Jones in particular. No doubt the Bengals are looking at this game as a potential get-right game. So, what are we? Are we a frisky, competitive team that ultimately goes nowhere besides playing spoiler a few times this year? Or are we actually a good team? Have we just taken advantage of bad pass protection by our opponents, or do we have a top tier pass rush? Has DJ dialed in his deep ball, or did he get lucky twice last week?

Outside of the Vikings game, Daboll has outcoached every opponent this year. The gameplans are solid at worst. The Bengals have strengths for sure, but there are notable weaknesses in that team. Is Daboll able to expose them? 

We'll find out all the answers on Sunday. The recent performance of these teams and the stats on paper tell us that the Giants should probably take this one, as the Bengals defense has been horrendous, and while their offense has been great, it hasn't been enough to win any more than one game so far this year.

I'm gonna predict a heartbreaker.

Bengals 31-Giants 24. Bengals score a TD in the 4th quarter to put us away and Jones can't bring us back in primetime.

• Like 1

Fun fact, but we are the only team Joe Burrow hasn't played against (besides the Bengals, obviously). When we last played the Bengals in 2020, he was hurt and we went up against Brandon Allen.

That was the game where they returned a kickoff for a TD against us, and Engram had another one of his inexplicable fumbles to kill a promising drive. I think the defense bailed us out in that game.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

I'm still optimistic but man we really needed him. Must be a really serious concussion. Hopefully kid makes it back for Philly 

Concussions are fickle, work differently on everyone. He was at a concert this week and doing light activities, so he’s close, but not there. Adoree missed two games last year with one.