The good, the bad, the ugly vs Steelers

NYRaider

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

No I know. I already looked it up. To say 1 starter out is anywhere near the injuries we have was just very funny to me. How many starters do we have out, 8? 

Lolol Yea I had to double check myself to see what bp was talking about. We rolled out a legit preseason quad for a home game. Especially at the skill positions. All our skill guys are out minus qb.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Teams are better coached to manage it. But even your favorite, my favorite, everyone's favorite coach Sean McVay has his team at 1-4, mainly due to injuries. We are every bit as injured as them in impact players and just shear numbers. It's not an excuse for AP, it's just bad luck. 

The biggest difference to me is that they've been competitive in their losses and we haven't. They had the ball with a chance to beat the Packers, Lions, and Bears late in the game. We've gotten completely blown out of the water by the Steelers, Panthers, and Broncos. I understand that the injuries aren't ideal but AP's main selling point was that he is a motivator that will get the team ready to play and compete week in / week out. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Herbig and Leal are big parts of their rotation on defense. 

And yes, the Raiders have more injuries. But let's not act like that was the challenge. They moved the ball fine early on. Made stops. It was the same lack of being prepared and playing disciplined ball that cost them again. The conservative offense played right into what the Steelers wanted.

It was the t/o’s and penalties 

Ap can’t make the rbs not play weak af. Lube and Abdullah suck and shouldnt have even made it on this roster. These rbs wouldn’t even sniff another teams nfl roster and they are starting for us same with the wrs.

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

When's the last time the Raiders hit on their top picks again? 

James was a value signing. Interior Oline was getting paid 100 mil. He's serviceable for the price. 

See above. Did you prefer they pay a guy like Hunt 100mil? Oline was grossly overpaid in FA this offseason. No fault in not panicking. They drafted JPJ and Glaze. 

Jacobs took the same deal to go to the Packers. Zamir looked the part to end last year. RBs are largely a product of the OC and AP hired Getsy

6 went in the top 12. What would you have them do? The team lacks talent from poor drafts prior. You wanted them to leverage picks to trade up for risky QB?

I mentioned I like the 3 picks potential. 

However, Telesco literally has 3 college centers now on the interior now with JPJ

Because the Panthers overpay for guards we couldn’t find solid Depth outside Peat and Whitehair?

Telesco panicked and gave a weaklink Center an extension instead moving over Parham on a rookie contract back to his natural position.  We can’t run the ball and have QBs who struggle if no run game

I’d said for MONTHS  that 6 QBs were going before our pick at #13. A experienced GM should be able to view that too.  We don’t know what was offered to move up. Telesco has never traded up just sat on his hands and did nothing like in FA

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ap can’t make the rbs not play weak af. Lube and Abdullah suck and shouldnt have even made it on this roster. These rbs wouldn’t even sniff another teams nfl roster and they are starting for us same with the wrs.

You have to find a way to get the most out of the personnel you have though.

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Then just say that, don't lie to make it sound any worse for the Raiders. The Steelers may be the healthiest team in the league, especially with 21 of 22 starters in. We were outplayed, just stick with that. Don't need to pile on with lies, come on now.

💯 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s impossible with this roster esp on offense 

our best available guy on offense yesterday was 

1)brock

2)tre

3) kolt?

4) 

bill Walsh can’t do crap with that

What about the defense though? Our personnel is pretty similar to what we had last year but they've fallen off a cliff generating takeaways and lead the league in missed tackles.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What about the defense though? Our personnel is pretty similar to what we had last year but they've fallen off a cliff generating takeaways and lead the league in missed tackles.

Koonce, Epps, Wilkins we just got Diablo back thank god. Need the all time great nfl defense to win 7-6. Kinda hard on the defense when we only score in the first qtr. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Not too much good because we were smashed.

- Glaze is looking like stud RT

- Deablo was looking good when the game was close 
- Mattison is a solid all around starting RB1. Maybe a downgrade from Jacobs but he isn’t a scrub 

Mattison is one of the most inefficient RB's in the NFL

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Koonce, Epps, Wilkins we just got Diablo back thank god. Need the all time great nfl defense to win 7-6. Kinda hard on the defense when we only score in the first qtr. 

We've gotten fried by Andy Dalton, Justin Fields, and Bo Nix. Not exactly world beaters and our inability to stop the run, create takeaways, and tackle is primarily on coaching.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We've gotten fried by Andy Dalton, Justin Fields, and Bo Nix. Not exactly world beaters and our inability to stop the run, create takeaways, and tackle is primarily on coaching.

Seems like we returned back to form. Raiders last 25 years have given mid player their best game. People have gotten contracts off us

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What did our offense do in those games was it a shootout?

offensive production 

Vs chargers =10

vs Carolina = 7

vs den = 10

vs pitt = 7

do you realize how lock down the defense has to be to keep us in games