Bills trade for Browns WR Amari Cooper; release Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Forge

16 hours ago, DawgX said:

Surprised we got a third! I'll take it.

Given his cap hit and production last year, it shouldn't come as a surprise. 

I'm ok with this move for the Bills. Cooper is a hell of a talent, and he'll probably be more efficient for the Bills, but paying a 3rd for a rental makes me hesitate. Buffalo is in the tier just below the true contenders, and they'll probably win their division, so I see the logic behind the trade. Also, Buffalo should get a nice compensatory pick if Cooper doesn't re-sign, so that makes the trade way easier to swallow. 

12 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Like I wanted Amari for a 5th, a 3rd is just a little too rich. Hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite us 

Buffalo also has more assets that the Chiefs. They have two second round picks on top of their 1st, and will likely get a nice compensatory pick for Adams if he doesn't re-sign (I'd imagine a 4th), which makes this trade even better assets wise. 

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Given his cap hit and production last year, it shouldn't come as a surprise. 

I'm ok with this move for the Bills. Cooper is a hell of a talent, and he'll probably be more efficient for the Bills, but paying a 3rd for a rental makes me hesitate. Buffalo is in the tier just below the true contenders, and they'll probably win their division, so I see the logic behind the trade. Also, Buffalo should get a nice compensatory pick if Cooper doesn't re-sign, so that makes the trade way easier to swallow. 

Buffalo with this move has no excuses not to be a top tier team, defense is getting healthy…not counting on it but if we can get Milano back for the stretch run that would be huge. Offense needs to get and stay humming.

2 hours ago, Soko said:

With Adams and Cooper going for third round picks, let us all never forget when Belichick traded a second rounder for 30 year-old Mohamed Sanu.

Then also don't forget when he traded a 4th for a 30 year old Randy Moss.