GDT 2017: Week 17 - Bengals @ Ravens

drd23

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

This is a really great post. I especially love the end where you compare this to the Cundiff situation. The front office gave Pees no excuses by loading up the defense and so he has to go. And that’s going to truly transform the aura of this squad.

One important thing that I think we also need is a legit QB coach to come in. Flacco has always been at his best when he has one. So I would love it if we kept our OL and RB coaches together and then target a OC/QB tandem. 

Well, depending on who the replacement is. If it's anybody on the current staff, not just Martindale, then nothing is going to change. Not much for young, upcoming talent in that perspective unlike the situation  with Pagano replacing Mattison a while back. 

If you told me at the start of this year that we'd literally watch our season end in the same exact fashion as it did last year, in that the offense scores a late go-ahead TD only to watch the defense end our season, I'd call you crazy.

Unfortunately, as soon as Dalton hit that corner route to LaFell I knew exactly what was going to happen. I can't actually explain just how much I dislike Dean Pees and his year after year 4th quarter failures. Heck, without Jimmy Smith's heroics in the Superbowl, you'd have another 4th quarter collapse by a Dean Pees defense. I just can't anymore. The guy needs to be fired before he can retire just to get a goddamn point across.

I can't believe this team actually re-tooled the entire defense, only to have absolutely nothing change when it mattered. Just so embarrassing on all levels. Almost to the point where the axe needs to extend beyond Pees and go to Harbaugh.

Archived