GDT 2017: Week 17 - Bengals @ Ravens

drd23

Bruh... the funny part about this is the fact that despite all the offseason defensive hype... Our offense ended the season as the better unit... I do wish flacco would have gave himself up instead of throwing the ball into the ground on that third down though... make them use that last timeout before their final possession or let them get the ball to start their drive on the wrong side of the two minute warning 

4 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

Neither side? Offense put up 27 points on the board after a terrible start. We all know it's dean pees and his trash schemes.

Did the offense play a complete half? No. Also 27 points, but how many wasted possessions? They turned the ball over in the red zone for a critical 14 point swing. The receivers could catch for the entire 1st half.

The defense might have been the nail in the coffin, but the offense’s inability to run block nor catch passes killer the team. The offense had 27 points because they were gifted great field possession by the defense and special teams. Watching the game it’s clear to see that the defense played well outside of being gassed in the 1st half after the offense’s ineptitude. And then after a solid second half they gave up a critical 4th down conversion, but that was play calling.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Did the offense play a complete half? No. Also 27 points, but how many wasted possessions? They turned the ball over in the red zone for a critical 14 point swing. The receivers could catch for the entire 1st half.

The defense might have been the nail in the coffin, but the offense’s inability to run block nor catch passes killer the team. The offense had 27 points because they were gifted great field possession by the defense and special teams. Watching the game it’s clear to see that the defense played well outside of being gassed in the 1st half after the offense’s ineptitude. And then after a solid second half they gave up a critical 4th down conversion, but that was play calling.

It's football, every team is going to have bad halves(last years NE superbowl), turnovers will also happen(the chis moore turnover was more fluky than anything). We have 100% invested in this defense via the draft and FA. Why every single time does this defense blow the lead? The fact is ONCE AGAIN, the offense scored a TD to give the Ravens the lead in the 4th quarter. And ONCE AGAIN, the defense allowed a WIDE OPEN player to score a TD

14 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

That was honestly a great game. Sure we can blame the offense for being terrible in the first half and the defense for choking once again.

But, the season was probably going to end in heartbreak sooner or later. Some small bright spot.... I'm pretty sure we are picking 16th in the draft, so all the way up to the top half.

Shut up with this stupid ish. We keep making the same damn excuses every year. Forget the stupid entertainment factor. We shouldnt of lost this damn a game. I want some freaking accountability on this damn team. Heads NEED to roll. Folks need to be fired. This is absolutely terrible! 

*excuse the drunkenness*

11 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

If u say so bro.... Our defense been overrated all year... not just cause we played majority backups but because we can’t consistently stop the run or guard any capable TEs... and since Jimmy went down we also can no longer guard slot receivers... or consistently guard any receiver not being covered by Humphrey... add that to the fact that we got to blitz bout 6 people to get pressure on the QB and u see that this so called elite defense can’t defend if u don’t turn the ball over to us... I’m personally glad the season is over we pick in the middle of the first where we usually get good talent and avoid an embarrassing letdown that was inevitable to happen 

8 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

That was honestly a great game. Sure we can blame the offense for being terrible in the first half and the defense for choking once again.

But, the season was probably going to end in heartbreak sooner or later. Some small bright spot.... I'm pretty sure we are picking 16th in the draft, so all the way up to the top half.

Agreed. We might’ve won the super bowl. But in reality, Chris Moore might not have even been available for next week due to his concussion. Campanaro might’ve had a high ankle sprain and been out for the rest of the season. 

At least we have a high enough pick to make some magic happen. We got Mosley, Humphrey, and Ronnie Stanley with higher caliber picks. And with another strong draft and a decent free agency, we should be much stronger next season barring injuries.

I wish we would’ve made noise in the playoffs, but if we were going to lose, I’d rather we benefit somehow. We also benefit knowing that the coaching staff will not be the same defensively.

I said, I would give Pees this season to prove the perception wrong and looking at the entire body of work. He didn’t.

I have faith that Harbaugh is going to bring in a true talent at defensive coordinator. He has to know that the pressure is now on. Another season without the playoffs and he will be on the hot seat in 2019, out in 2020. A playoff seed and he buys himself time.

honestly this team was not good enough to make a superbowl run, i mean christ ours wrs today were wallace, moore, camp, and adeboyjo. not exactly an NE killing team. The team improved from last year, has a solid young core, just need playmakers, We need a damn wr who can catch the ball, we get one of those guys, and I like our chances next year. enjoy the night gentlemen, im going to polish off the rest of the rum tonight. happy new year to all

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Shut up with this stupid ish. We keep making the same damn excuses every year. Forget the stupid entertainment factor. We shouldnt of lost this damn a game. I want some freaking accountability on this damn team. Heads NEED to roll. Folks need to be fired. This is absolutely terrible! 

*excuse the drunkenness*

You are excused. 

I'm not that dissappointed because I'm already drinking in the news that Pees will be gone. If that's NOT the case, then my tune will change.

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

You are excused. 

I'm not that dissappointed because I'm already drinking in the news that Pees will be gone. If that's NOT the case, then my tune will change.

ALL OF THEM SHOULD BE GONE.

We loss too many games in the coaches box. As has been the case since the 2013 season. As I said then and has rung true since forever, it finally caught up to us where we couldn't win in spite of the coaches.

Rossburg is the only guy who should get a pass.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

You are excused. 

Same. Some might believe I was on some sort of Dean Pees train because I defended him this season, but I’ve always preferred a more creative defense. He should’ve been fired two years ago, but since he wasn’t and since he had some success this season and he was going to be the coach regardless of any complaints... I’d rather find the silver lining.

Same with this lost. It happened. Nothing I can do to change it. So silver linings are Pees is out and we have a higher pick.

With this pick, we might actually be able to find an elite offensive lineman that falls. Heck I wouldn’t even be against an elite corner. Imagine having two Marlon Humphrey’s out there... offense’s might crap themselves.

I worked and wasn't able to watch the game... looks like I dodged a doozy of an anger-inducer. Everybody and this thread are welcome. :D

Seriously though, changes need to happen. And if the move is to promote Martindale in Pees' hopeful absence... then this is a worse offseason than the last one where nothing changed. So yeah, that's happening and Harbaugh gets another 5 years of free passes for his terrible coaching staff because the Ravens "almost" made the playoffs this year.

I think the varying result and effects that Ray and Pees retirement announcements brought, perfectly encompass their Raven's legacy.

Horrifying situation but one we deserved. If you can't beat the bears, titans, bengals, etc, you don't get to go to the party.

Considering how close this franchise was to a full rebuild, this season should still be counted a success especially with all the injuries. Even with success though comes accountability. Harbaugh did a good job this year but he put his neck out for those two dopes at OC and DC, now it's time to pay the band. Harbaugh will be forced by Steve to ditch MM, and if we don't make the playoffs next year he's gone. 

On the Flacco front, he isn't broken. Something is still off, but his clutchness remained and with such pathetic weapons to boot. Hopefully a new arsenal, a healthier line, and a full offseason fully reboots him and we can get to the postseason with actual confidence and not pray for cosmic magic.

This uncomfortable fog now surrounding our clubhouse is a good thing, remember how uncomfortable things were after Cundiff's shank? It forces players and management to want to rid themselves of the fog and the truth that it ever existed, building a stronger team ruthlessly and efficiently. 

27 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I think the varying result and effects that Ray and Pees retirement announcements brought, perfectly encompass their Raven's legacy.

Horrifying situation but one we deserved. If you can't beat the bears, titans, bengals, etc, you don't get to go to the party.

Considering how close this franchise was to a full rebuild, this season should still be counted a success especially with all the injuries. Even with success though comes accountability. Harbaugh did a good job this year but he put his neck out for those two dopes at OC and DC, now it's time to pay the band. Harbaugh will be forced by Steve to ditch MM, and if we don't make the playoffs next year he's gone. 

On the Flacco front, he isn't broken. Something is still off, but his clutchness remained and with such pathetic weapons to boot. Hopefully a new arsenal, a healthier line, and a full offseason fully reboots him and we can get to the postseason with actual confidence and not pray for cosmic magic.

This uncomfortable fog now surrounding our clubhouse is a good thing, remember how uncomfortable things were after Cundiff's shank? It forces players and management to want to rid themselves of the fog and the truth that it ever existed, building a stronger team ruthlessly and efficiently. 

This is a really great post. I especially love the end where you compare this to the Cundiff situation. The front office gave Pees no excuses by loading up the defense and so he has to go. And that’s going to truly transform the aura of this squad.

One important thing that I think we also need is a legit QB coach to come in. Flacco has always been at his best when he has one. So I would love it if we kept our OL and RB coaches together and then target a OC/QB tandem. 

Archived