PLAYOFSSSSSSSSS: #3 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS @ #6 BUFFALO BILLS: SUNDAY 1 PM EST

.Buzz

13 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Read this yesterday... Such a poorly written article. I laughed when they said we have consistently allowed teams to run on us. We have actual been inconsistent if anything. We gave up 638 yards in that 3 game stretch. But the other 13 games we only have up 3.1 yards a carry. Not at all consistently allowing teams to run on us. If anything we we're excellent, then horrendous, and then good again.

Who ever writes these articles really has to do a better job of research before throwing out false statements.

Just now, LeeEvans said:

@iPwn Sounds like you guys are getting healthy at the right time. If you guys advance you could definitely make some noises now that you're regaining some weapons on offense. 

We have had insane luck with health all season. Our starting defense (including our rotation guys on the DL and our Nickel CB) missed a combined 2 games (Telvin Smith with a concussion). Our OL had a few injuries, but it was always one guy at a time.

The only place we had any real concerns was Fournette’s injury lingering all year, and a whole lot of WRs going down. Heading into the game with SF, of the 9 WRs we had on our roster, two of them were healthy; a rookie UDFA and rookie 4th rounder. But it looks like we might get Lee back for this game, which will give us 4 of our top 5. 

Allen Robinson has been out since the first pass of the season. But other than him, it looks like we might have every single important piece to our team ready for the playoffs, and almost every spot has the #2 guy healthy too in case something does happen. I have really never seen a team with this much health at any point in the season, and definitely never this late in the year.

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

We have had insane luck with health all season. Our starting defense (including our rotation guys on the DL and our Nickel CB) missed a combined 2 games (Telvin Smith with a concussion). Our OL had a few injuries, but it was always one guy at a time.

The only place we had any real concerns was Fournette’s injury lingering all year, and a whole lot of WRs going down. Heading into the game with SF, of the 9 WRs we had on our roster, two of them were healthy; a rookie UDFA and rookie 4th rounder. But it looks like we might get Lee back for this game, which will give us 4 of our top 5. 

Allen Robinson has been out since the first pass of the season. But other than him, it looks like we might have every single important piece to our team ready for the playoffs, and almost every spot has the #2 guy healthy too in case something does happen. I have really never seen a team with this much health at any point in the season, and definitely never this late in the year.

Wow that's pretty incredible. That's great to see though, injuries derailing seasons is always tough. 

Hope both teams get through Sundays game without injuries as well. 

6 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Read this yesterday... Such a poorly written article. I laughed when they said we have consistently allowed teams to run on us. We have actual been inconsistent if anything. We gave up 638 yards in that 3 game stretch. But the other 13 games we only have up 3.1 yards a carry. Not at all consistently allowing teams to run on us. If anything we we're excellent, then horrendous, and then good again.

Who ever writes these articles really has to do a better job of research before throwing out false statements.

You have the 28th ranked YPC against over the last three weeks; at 4.8 YPC. You were 18th the three weeks prior to that; at 4.1. That’s the 6 weeks after that skid. That’s not “good”. It’s just not overtly horrendous.

8 minutes ago, iPwn said:

You have the 28th ranked YPC against over the last three weeks; at 4.8 YPC. You were 18th the three weeks prior to that; at 4.1. That’s the 6 weeks after that skid. That’s not “good”. It’s just not overtly horrendous.

Well I went to good because after the streak we shut Hunt down. But this just proves my point of how inconsistent we have been. Just depends on what run defense shows up. Milano is a important aspect... If he is fully able to play then we should be in a much better position than if we were without them.

23 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

But the other 13 games we only have up 3.1 yards a carry.

Also - can I ask where you got this stat? Because I did the math and I got 3.94 outside of that stretch; ~4.5 after the stretch. 

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Also - can I ask where you got this stat? Because I did the math and I got 3.94 outside of that stretch; ~4.5 after the stretch. 

I did the math but I'll do it again incase I put a wrong number into calculator

Total Season: 466 Carries 1994 yards 4.3 yards a carry

3 Game stretch: 124 carries 638 yards

466-124= 342

1994- 638=1356

1356/342= 3.9

Yup good call. No idea what number I put into the calculator to screw it up. Either way still a really good number. Anything under 4.0 is excellent.

Archived