Vic Fangio agrees to return to Chicago

TankWilliams

12 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm not gonna go any further with this but there a few things that I feel need to be said here.

For one, you made a statement that Fangio were the Packers first choice and you passed that opinion off as if it were a fact and then someone asked you to provide proof of that statement and you never did. So you can't be upset with others when they question you on that. Especially when not only other reports refute that said statement but hindsight does as well. 

Now for two. I hate the Packers with every blue vein running through my body, just like you, and even I call BS on that statement until I see otherwise. So it's not just some "GB fans not being able to handle" type ish. I'm a fan just like you brotha, but I'm an OBJECTIVE fan(atleast as much as I can be) and I call the BS when I see it. My team or not. 

Obviously they hired Pettine the same day that they interviewed him on the 9th before they had even spoken with Fangio. If Fangio were indeed the Packers first option then why did they hire Pettine the same day? Why was Fangio not interviewed first? Or at least waited to hire Pettine until they had a chance to talk to Fangio. Cmon man.

We know that they blocked the bengals its a fair assumption that they blocked the Packers.  Sometimes you have to use logic to figure things out bc especially with coordinators and assts there are no official announcements of interviews.  The question is what do we know.  We know that multiple teams expressed strong interest in Fangio after Fox was fired.  We know Vics contract expired at 12 am wed.  We know that Vic signed a new 3 year deal on Fri morning with reportedly a substantial raise from his already 2nd highest at his position salary.  We know that it was silence from the Fangio camp between wed & Fri.  When the reports of the bengals being blocked came out, immediately i thought that Vic was going to stay.  I couldnt see any reason to do that when hes a fa in a few days.  Shortly there after reports of candidates wanting to keep Fangio started leaking.  The very next day the bears hire a new hc who once again expresses he wants to keep vic and has talked to vic.  

Sometimes you have to read the tea leaves brother and put 2 and 2 together.  Its pure speculation on my part for sure but i imagine the timeline went something like this.  The bears start their interviews candidates are either being asked or are themselves mentioning Fangio.  Pace reaches out to the Fangio camp says we cant hire you as hc bc we need continuity for our qb, but these guys we are really interested in want to keep you here, we want you here, whats it going to take and the negotiation begins.  Probably immediately after Nagy is hired Vic makes a soft agreement to comeback as there are no wc jobs open that he wants.  They spend the next few days working out the details until Friday when its finalized.  Again all speculation but fits very logically with what we do know.

On 1/18/2018 at 11:44 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

We know that they blocked the bengals its a fair assumption that they blocked the Packers.  Sometimes you have to use logic to figure things out bc especially with coordinators and assts there are no official announcements of interviews.  The question is what do we know.  We know that multiple teams expressed strong interest in Fangio after Fox was fired.  We know Vics contract expired at 12 am wed.  We know that Vic signed a new 3 year deal on Fri morning with reportedly a substantial raise from his already 2nd highest at his position salary.  We know that it was silence from the Fangio camp between wed & Fri.  When the reports of the bengals being blocked came out, immediately i thought that Vic was going to stay.  I couldnt see any reason to do that when hes a fa in a few days.  Shortly there after reports of candidates wanting to keep Fangio started leaking.  The very next day the bears hire a new hc who once again expresses he wants to keep vic and has talked to vic.  

Sometimes you have to read the tea leaves brother and put 2 and 2 together.  Its pure speculation on my part for sure but i imagine the timeline went something like this.  The bears start their interviews candidates are either being asked or are themselves mentioning Fangio.  Pace reaches out to the Fangio camp says we cant hire you as hc bc we need continuity for our qb, but these guys we are really interested in want to keep you here, we want you here, whats it going to take and the negotiation begins.  Probably immediately after Nagy is hired Vic makes a soft agreement to comeback as there are no wc jobs open that he wants.  They spend the next few days working out the details until Friday when its finalized.  Again all speculation but fits very logically with what we do know.

Well explained. I'm still not sure what to believe (not that it matters at this point) but this makes sense and does seems logically possible. I agree that at times you do have to look outside of official reports in order to get a general idea of certain things and given the scenario's that pointed out it may be true.

Anyhow, I think we can agree on thing here.......Fangio is still the DC and that's a good thing because I didn't see it happening, personally.;)

Archived