2018 Free Agency

turtle28

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't think he'd be willing to sign with a 3-4 team.  

Really? I didn't realize he was so scheme-specific. Makes sense though, obviously Haynesworth loathed playing NT in the 3-4. I would think with Suh, we'd tailor our defensive front to his strengths. I mean, we really run a multiple D set don't we? God, I hate the 3-4 haha

1 minute ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Really? I didn't realize he was so scheme-specific. Makes sense though, obviously Haynesworth loathed playing NT in the 3-4. I would think with Suh, we'd tailor our defensive front to his strengths. I mean, we really run a multiple D set don't we? God, I hate the 3-4 haha

I mean Suh's job in a 4-3 would be the same as Jonathan Allen's.  I don't really see the fit.  Suh is a great player but he's 31 and expensive.  

4 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Not a good combination. That's why I'd rather spread the money out all over the defense. He is an elite talent though. 

Let's see what Suh wants first because remember we have over 30 mil in cap .I remember redskins wanting Campbell last season , we have to invest money on the defense even if these guys are 30. 

If we can follow what he jaguars did than we can be eventually 10-6.

Just now, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I'm kind of into having my D-Lineman be young and hungry for that first big deal after all the Haynesworth drama. I'd rather blow me free agent money at the back end of the defense or at WR and then go DL at 13.

Oh I agree. Especially since there is so much rotating in and out of the game on the Dline. I'd like to add supplements to the dline (although more talented than Ziggy Hood and Terrell McClain) and then draft a stud at 13. Vita or Payne. I do like Harrison Phillips from Stanford too but 13 might be too high for him and he'll probably be gone by the time we pick again. 

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

Let's see what Suh wants first because remember we have over 30 mil in cap .I remember redskins wanting Campbell last season , we have to invest money on the defense even if these guys are 30. 

If we can follow what he jaguars did than we can be eventually 10-6.

The $30 mill goes real quick. Plus we have to save some $$ for Scherff, Crowder, and Smith (if we chose to retain). 

Just now, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

The $30 mill goes real quick. Plus we have to save some $$ for Scherff, Crowder, and Smith (if we chose to retain). 

Preston smith is expandable imo . Guys like Hood/McGee/And McClain will be gone next season . I also think this will be Norman last year which opens up the cap.

As of now if we sign Suh let's say 10-12 mil than we have about 18-19 mil left . We probably use the money on zach Brown and maybe sign Pryor back which I bet happens .

I only see skins making one big splash and that's it . We will likely sign cheap players later .

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Preston smith is expandable imo . Guys like Hood/McGee/And McClain will be gone next season . I also think this will be Norman last year which opens up the cap.

As of now if we sign Suh let's say 10-12 mil than we have about 18-19 mil left . We probably use the money on zach Brown and maybe sign Pryor back which I bet happens .

I only see skins making one big splash and that's it . We will likely sign cheap players later .

I like Preston Smith more than most on this board although I understand the frustration with him. I'd be very curious on his price tag for us. It could be a lot higher than he's worth and if so, I can see us moving on. 

Agree on Norman's last season. I highly doubt we bring back Pryor although he would be cheap and I would give him another shot. I just haven't heard anything that hints his return.

1 minute ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

The only vet RBs I'd like to sign are Hyde and Crowell. 

I think they'll cost more than Murray imo . I just think we need someone that is experienced period . Like a cheap 2 year deal.

4 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

I like Preston Smith more than most on this board although I understand the frustration with him. I'd be very curious on his price tag for us. It could be a lot higher than he's worth and if so, I can see us moving on. 

Agree on Norman's last season. I highly doubt we bring back Pryor although he would be cheap and I would give him another shot. I just haven't heard anything that hints his return.

Good player , just I feel like Ryan Anderson can be a starter as well . 

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I think they'll cost more than Murray imo . I just think we need someone that is experienced period . Like a cheap 2 year deal.

True but based on recent FAs, vet RBs are all going to be fairly cheap. Eddie Lacy and Latavius Murray each signed for about $5 mill a year last season, I expect that to be the going rate. I don't see any of them costing more than that especially with the incoming draft oozing with RB talent. 

Archived