Sign in to follow this  
Just Want A Title

Playoff Rosters An Indictment of Our Coaching Staff?

I hadn't looked too closely at the rosters of playoff teams but I noticed something yesterday.  LaAdrian Waddle and Kyle Van Noy have become solid role players for the Patriots.  Heck, even Ricky-Jean Francois had a sack for the Patriots.  Larry Warford was the starting guard for the Saints.  What does that say about our previous coaching staff's ability to mold/coach players?

I think we have discussed all this in the course of talking over Caldwell's status during the season. Obviously, the verdict has already been given by the only people whose opinions mattered.

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

And who exactly are "these people" just out of curiousity?

I was assuming he was talking about the front office. 

I think there's some validity to your point, but I also think some of these are situational.

We lost Warford, but gained Lang. I actually prefer a healthy lang, and they're paid comparably.

KVN wasn't a fit for our scheme at all, and is a great fit in NE, hence his breakout. Interesting side of that is that if Patricia comes to Detroit, we'll likely switch defensive schemes.

That being said, Detroit is a poor organization that has a history of poor player development. We're certainly improving, but it's also a factor.