NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Old Guy said:

It doesn't get any better than this for Packer fans! Next, we're going to wake up and they've traded the #1 overall pick. 

I'd rather than make that selection and put an end to "enhanced draft capital days."

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If Justin Fields is under center, it won't matter. 

I dont see that happening long term. Perhaps they draft future QB1 and let him sit a year....but I dont see Fields there any longer than that....probably less.

Just now, Leader said:

I dont see that happening long term. Perhaps they draft future QB1 and let him sit a year....but I dont see Fields there any longer than that....probably less.

It's the Bears, Eberflus, according to reports, is coming back. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

It's the Bears, Eberflus, according to reports, is coming back. 

Yes...and according to reports, he's giving up duties to others. In theory at least, they could be looking to hire an OC tailored to their projected future QB selected at #1. Do I know this? No...but they'd be smart to consider doing this at least.

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Several pundits are saying McCarthy could be out if he loses to GB on Sunday. It would not surprise me because Jerry Jones is not a patient man. 

Google:

42-25

McCarthy, sporting a record of 42-25 in his four seasons with Dallas with the first ever streak of three consecutive double-digit win seasons in franchise history, is fresh off coaching the team to a second NFC East championship in three years.

Just now, Leader said:

Google:

42-25

McCarthy, sporting a record of 42-25 in his four seasons with Dallas with the first ever streak of three consecutive double-digit win seasons in franchise history, is fresh off coaching the team to a second NFC East championship in three years.

What is your point? 

Jerry Jones wants another Super Bowl before he dies. Pretty much said as much. Losing a home playoff game in the wild card round is not a look McCarthy can have right now.

Just now, Old Guy said:

What is your point? 

Jerry Jones wants another Super Bowl before he dies. Pretty much said as much. Losing a home playoff game in the wild card round is not a look McCarthy can have right now.

I would think the point evident. He's a winner.

Sure...Jerry's close to death and he's gonna run through HCs like a guy ripping clothes out of the hamper looking for something good enough to wear.....doesnt mean you dont stink afterwards though.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I would think the point evident. He's a winner.

Sure...Jerry's close to death and he's gonna run through HCs like a guy ripping clothes out of the hamper looking for something good enough to wear.....doesnt mean you dont stink afterwards though.

I never said he should. I posted what I've heard pundits say, nothing more or less. You think McCarthy is a winner, gotcha. It doesn't matter what you, or I think. Jerry Jones isn't going to consult either of us or likely nobody in the organization when he makes his decision, if he were to choose to move on.