NFL News & Notes

Leader

18 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Honesty surprised this has never happened. Also kind of sad if GB can't even get even 1 SB appearance out of this

Only 43 years or realistic opportunities. Before 1978 it was a 14-game season, three seasons worth of an 81% winning percentage would be apples to apples. 

4 hours ago, Norm said:

The old roller coaster corner. You love them and hate them.. Was talking about this with a pretty hardcore Dallas fan early this year and he was saying how he gets beat more than anyone else but kept getting picks to offset it but didn't truly realize how accurate that was until later on

Can you imagine what Adams and Rodgers would do to this clown? 

39 minutes ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -   Not a fan of the possibility that the Bucs are looking for a way to keep AB off their team and to keep him from playing for another team this season. If you’re done with him, let him go.

///

Not sure who'd pick this guy up.....but they do have a point.

They could suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team and who could argue. The scary part is the idea another team would give this guy a chance. 

I could see Dallas doing it with Gallop going down. 

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tom Pelissero -   Roughly a dozen Eagles players – including Fletcher Cox, Dallas Goedert and Jason Kelce – tested positive for COVID-19 today, sources tell me and Mike Garafolo. Based on updated COVID protocols, they all have a chance to be cleared in time for Saturday’s game vs. the Cowboys.

Interesting now that the Eagles are guaranteed a playoff spot. Best to “innoculate” everyone and also give a plausible reason to sit a few if needed this week. Not suggesting a conspiracy, this latest variant is tearing through even boosted populations, but the timing is notable.   

36 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -   Michael Gallup is a free agent, and he won’t be the only free agent to be on the market with an ACL that is healing. Bud Dupree and Allen Robinson have gotten paid in similar situations in the past.

Not the only one this year. Kid from Tampa that went down last year week is in the same position. I'd be curious when Dupree and Robinson's injuries occurred during the year. These two were at the end of the season. Meaning 2022 for a new team is mostly lost. No time to practice with the team, learn the playbook until at least after mid-year. 

Edited by Old Guy

12 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Chris Godwin also in that camp. Part of the reason no players like the tag, and also why I wouldn’t play a meaningless game if I were Adams but I guess ~30 more yards gets you into the GB record books, that’s pretty close to immortality. 

Is that all it is? 30 yards?
Yeah - he and AR will play long enough to insure he gets that one.

Just now, Leader said:

Is that all it is? 30 yards?
Yeah - he and AR will play long enough to insure he gets that one.

21 to be exact. I’m not even mad at players for stat chasing when it’s a big one like that.  Especially if this is the last dance, could be a long while til someone breaks that one. We’d need a new assassin at QB and then a similar situation with one predominant WR like Adams or Sharpe who can kill you even if you double team. 

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

21 to be exact. I’m not even mad at players for stat chasing when it’s a big one like that.  Especially if this is the last dance, could be a long while til someone breaks that one. We’d need a new assassin at QB and then a similar situation with one predominant WR like Adams or Sharpe who can kill you even if you double team. 

You think Davante's reached Ring Of Honor status?

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Question.....who's currently got the record Davante is going for and is that guy on the ROH?
If not.....why not (?) and how's his career compare to Adams?

Guessing Sterling Sharpe. His career was cut short by neck injury if it is him. 

EDIT: It was Jordy Nelson in 2014

Edited by Old Guy