BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

6 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Hey, I got offered a 2nd for Wentz.  I figured to at least prevent silly offers from the start.

Rodgers went for a 3rd and a future 1st. The league MVP went for an edge rusher. We have no idea what a QB's actual value is.

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

We do, people just don’t care anymore.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Don't care?  I don't think that's it at all.

I agree, I don't think caring or not caring is the issue.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

To be fair, the prices for QB's were getting so out of hand. This sort of helps level it back out.

High level skill (RB, WR, TE) or defenders (CB, Edge) are going for more than QBs.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Let’s just say people are willing to trade a dollar for change.

No that's not it either.

I traded P. Mahomes because I needed a pass rusher more than a benched quarterback.

It's all about the need for me.

I have Baker Mayfield on my roster as well, was offered a trade for him and I declined as he's the future for Orlando, which btw I'm changing that name and location to the Lakenheath, Madhatters.

Mahomes was doing nothing for me on the bench, where TJ Watt helped my defense out tremendously w/ 13 sacks especially with Bosa injured most of the season and not playing up to his potential when he did return.

I wouldn't call that trade a dollar for change deal, because I did get quality out of that deal.  Sure P. Mahomes played the entire season lights out, but did his presence on the BDL team help them win any games?  I know that TJ Watt helped my team.