Civilization Mafia - GAME OVER - Barbarians win!

Whicker

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Back to voting yourself. Solid

At this point, with the level of activity from everyone, this game is basically dead. There's no point in attempting any sort of discussion or debate or fact finding when you have people who show up, throw up a line or two at most with an easy vote and then dip. I can accept the fact that I get lynched. I would hope that it helps provide information for the town. But given the level of interest and discussion, I have little faith in that information even gets discussed.

My Nostradamus moment:

I get lynched, revealed to be town, tk3 questions why a civ would do what I did, everyone continues to ignore Buc's posting habits, and then nothing is ever looked back or analyzed as to why I did what I did, and the mafia continue to slide under the radar and win the game.

When you generate hundreds of pages of thread, there are hints, clues, and patterns that give away what a player's motives are. When everyone just hops on the easiest bandwagon and contributes 3 lines of dialogue the whole day, there's virtually nothing to go off of. You might as well just play Russian Roulette with who to lynch next and have probably better odds of finding mafia.

I've said my piece. Ya'll want to lynch me, go ahead. I have no role at this time, and I frankly do not care if no one else seems to. Sorry whicker that your game ended up like this man. It was an interesting concept.

22 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

At this point, with the level of activity from everyone, this game is basically dead. There's no point in attempting any sort of discussion or debate or fact finding when you have people who show up, throw up a line or two at most with an easy vote and then dip. I can accept the fact that I get lynched. I would hope that it helps provide information for the town. But given the level of interest and discussion, I have little faith in that information even gets discussed.

My Nostradamus moment:

I get lynched, revealed to be town, tk3 questions why a civ would do what I did, everyone continues to ignore Buc's posting habits, and then nothing is ever looked back or analyzed as to why I did what I did, and the mafia continue to slide under the radar and win the game.

When you generate hundreds of pages of thread, there are hints, clues, and patterns that give away what a player's motives are. When everyone just hops on the easiest bandwagon and contributes 3 lines of dialogue the whole day, there's virtually nothing to go off of. You might as well just play Russian Roulette with who to lynch next and have probably better odds of finding mafia.

I've said my piece. Ya'll want to lynch me, go ahead. I have no role at this time, and I frankly do not care if no one else seems to. Sorry whicker that your game ended up like this man. It was an interesting concept.

The more you talk of conceding the less I want to believe it was a ploy like boondock Saints.

Look. If we want to play the game, I'm all for playing the game. But even the host is bothered by the lack of activity in this game. What I typed on my opening post after the game was formally launched effectively started the timer on my head. It was only a matter of time before I'd die, staying alive to the end of the game wasn't the primary goal.

Unfortunately, I whiffed... in anticipating how much activity there would be. It is what it is.

Archived