Could Jacksonville trade Bortles to Cleveland?

Crickett

Last year Houston traded Brock Osweiler to Cleveland along with a second round draft pick for a fourth round draft pick. 

With Jacksonville as loaded as they are, could they do the same thing? And then either sign or draft a different quarterback?    Given how many picks Cleveland has, maybe they could be 2019 draft picks to boot. 

Could we? Sure

Would we? No chance

Cleveland either gets Cousins or drafts a b super high. I dont see an in between.

They wont trade a 2nd or something close for a possible 1 year rental and wont give up an opportunity to take their franchise guy at 1 because of Bortles. If they draft a QB and trade for Bortles and he plays well then Cleveland actually has a QB controversy...sounds weird to say since they haven’t had 1 good one in so long it’s weird to fathom they’d have 2

56 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Could we? Sure

Would we? No chance

Cleveland either gets Cousins or drafts a b super high. I dont see an in between.

They wont trade a 2nd or something close for a possible 1 year rental and wont give up an opportunity to take their franchise guy at 1 because of Bortles. If they draft a QB and trade for Bortles and he plays well then Cleveland actually has a QB controversy...sounds weird to say since they haven’t had 1 good one in so long it’s weird to fathom they’d have 2

In the trade I'm referring to, it was Houston that traded away the second round draft pick.  It was a salary dump by Houston that was paid for by giving up their second round draft pick this year.  Osweiler was subsequently cut by the Browns even though the Browns probably would have been better off starting him than Kizer.  There was no QB controversy last year, I doubt there would be one this year either.  Especially when it comes to Bortles. 

Bortles has essentially guaranteed his 2018 salary with his hand surgery and hamstrung a team with Superbowl aspirations.  This could be a way out of that. 

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

In the trade I'm referring to, it was Houston that traded away the second round draft pick.  It was a salary dump by Houston that was paid for by giving up their second round draft pick this year.  Osweiler was subsequently cut by the Browns even though the Browns probably would have been better off starting him than Kizer.  There was no QB controversy last year, I doubt there would be one this year either.  Especially when it comes to Bortles. 

Bortles has essentially guaranteed his 2018 salary with his hand surgery and hamstrung a team with Superbowl aspirations.  This could be a way out of that. 

ummm Bortles can pass his Physical but im fine giving him the 17th highest salary at qb cuz after all its a Single Year contract. 

keep wishing that teams are as incomponent as the texans were when they paid for someone to take brocks contract off their hands. 

We're not going to give up a premium draft pick to get rid of Bortles.  Not only would that be stupid, but it'd hamstring our ability to actually replace him with a better QB.

Our team has solid players, but way too many significant positions that need improvement/replacement/depth to be giving away picks just to get rid of a guy that i'm sure they'd find a way to cut if it really comes to that.

Archived