1ST ROUND 3RD ATTEMPT

Ehall1978

On 2/19/2018 at 12:53 PM, mlucas12002 said:

If Cleveland doesn't get Barkley at 4, then we will likely trade down (I know you don't have trades here) or take Fitzpatrick. DE is probably our only position that we don't have a need.

I am a Browns fan also and we have a lot more needs than DE, I personally like Fitzpatrick.  That being said though, imagine Myles Garrett and Chubb coming off opposite ends.  If we get say Malcolm Butler and/or Trumaine Johnson to bolster our secondary and maybe a FA safety(we have the cap space), our Defense could become vicious.

CB is an interesting pick for the Lions. It is a need, but they'll likely have it addressed early in free agency. Slay is CB1 and Tabor is a good CB3 for now, so they need a CB2. They can re-sign Nevin Lawson and DJ Hayden who were solid sharing that role last year. They could also go after somone like TJ Carrie, Aaron Colvin, or even Malcolm Butler if his market is lessened after the Super Bowl benching. They don't need a long term option, Tabor should be the CB2 moving forward and Jamal Agnew has shown some potential to be the slot corner down the line.

RB, LG, DT, EDGE, LB, and CB are the main needs for the Lions, but CB is probably the easiest to fill before the draft. RB won't need a 1st spent on it to fill the hole. LG and LB should be addressed before the draft as well. It would be nice if they could address EDGE and DT before the draft, but they need 2 DT's and 2-3 EDGE's and the free agent markets just aren't deep enough to completely fix those spots. 

Archived