Cincinnati Reds Thread - Gettin Lowder in Cincy

THE DUKE

And Lodolo is on the disabled list as well. Not much of a starting rotation left. Martinez, maybe Spiers and Aguilar until they shut him down. Possible Greene or Williamson can pop back in before the season ends, but don't know that's worth it. Should probably just bring in the Brett Kennedys to finish the season.

3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

And Lodolo is on the disabled list as well. Not much of a starting rotation left. Martinez, maybe Spiers and Aguilar until they shut him down. Possible Greene or Williamson can pop back in before the season ends, but don't know that's worth it. Should probably just bring in the Brett Kennedys to finish the season.

Greene brushed his elbow on a shelf, he'll probably be back.  Williamson probably not from what I've heard. We got a guy from the Phillies today for Cash, go ahead and run him out there.  Leave Lowder in AAA until about May next year and secure the entire 2031 season before you bring him up.

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Greene brushed his elbow on a shelf, he'll probably be back.  Williamson probably not from what I've heard. We got a guy from the Phillies today for Cash, go ahead and run him out there.  Leave Lowder in AAA until about May next year and secure the entire 2031 season before you bring him up.

I was surprised Williamson was just sent on a rehab assignment, but if he can pitch he might as well finish in the majors. Lowder can definitely wait until next year. Hopefully we'll be able to start the year with Green, Abbott, Lodolo, Aguilar and last spot can be Ashcraft, Spiers or Martinez until we get into the year a little.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

I was surprised Williamson was just sent on a rehab assignment, but if he can pitch he might as well finish in the majors. Lowder can definitely wait until next year. Hopefully we'll be able to start the year with Green, Abbott, Lodolo, Aguilar and last spot can be Ashcraft, Spiers or Martinez until we get into the year a little.

I didn't realize Williamson was on a rehab start already, so maybe he can fill some innings.  We traded cash for a 35 year old AAA guy to fill some innings.  Do that 100 times over before wasting service time rushing the future of our rotation to the big leagues in a season where we have about a 0.1% chance on making the playoffs.

9 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Hearing Lowder is coming up to start the double header on Friday. Not a choice that I would make. 

Not what I would have done either, but in for a penny, in for a pound.  If he looks good these last five starts to close the year then pencil him into the starting rotation for 2025 and go for that extra draft pick teams get for having a rookie of the year.  If we need a starter early in the year next year I don't want to have to wait until June because they deemed one AAA start was enough and they needed to fill innings in a lost season.  May as well go young in the MLB rotation and let Greene, Lodolo, and Abbott step up as the vets now.

MLB - Cincinnati Reds
Hunter Greene
Nick Lodolo
Rhett Lowder
Andrew Abbott
Julian Aguiar
Swing: Carson Spiers

AAA - Louisville Bats
Chase Petty
Brandon Williamson
Connor Phillips
Kevin Abel
Thomas Farr
Swing: Lyon Richardson

AA - Chattanooga Lookouts
Chase Burns
Jose Acuna
Ryan Cardona
Brian Edgington
Jose Franco
Swing: Gabriel Aguilera

High A - Dayton Dragons
Luke Holman
Adam Serwinowski
Nestor Lorant
Graham Osman
Ben Brutti
Swing: Jose Montero

Low A - Daytona Tortugas
Ty Floyd
Tristan Smith
Cole Schoenwetter
David Lorduy
Ovis Portes
Swing: Adrian Herrera

ACL - ACL Reds
Christian Lopez
Mauricio Colmenares
Edgar Colon
Stharlin Torres
Emmanuel Tallevera

• THE DUKE changed the title to Cincinnati Reds Thread - Gettin Lowder in Cincy
On 8/29/2024 at 12:37 PM, Beck Bristow said:

I'm assuming this will be a one off. I feel like they've done that with young pitchers before.

Nevermind. Looks like he'll get a few starts. Also they went ahead and rushed Williamson up without completing his rehab starts. Feels a bit silly 

Why not bring in Cueto?  We're struggling to fill innings, may as well given Cueto a farewell month, he was a great Red.  Just keep the other guys healthy.

The Reds High A team the Dayton Dragons clinched a playoff spot yesterday.  Day Air Ballpark is sold out for 9/10, should be 9500+ people cheering them on.

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Why not bring in Cueto?  We're struggling to fill innings, may as well given Cueto a farewell month, he was a great Red.  Just keep the other guys healthy.

The Reds High A team the Dayton Dragons clinched a playoff spot yesterday.  Day Air Ballpark is sold out for 9/10, should be 9500+ people cheering them on.

Love it! Still would like to get over to a game there. Probably not in the cards this year 

On 9/6/2024 at 9:16 PM, Beck Bristow said:

Currently just imagining possibilities of giving Soto 14 years and 560 million. Don't undercut my dreams 

It's fun to dream.  He'd solve a lot of problems with the corner OF and the lineup.  3 hitter, LF/RF, consistent, in his prime.  Oh, to dream.

We really have to do something with a corner outfield spot this off-season. Probably not this, but an above average starter will pull the lineup together. Infield has pieces, just need to figure out how they fit. Outfield needs to get started putting it together.