Rumor: Marqise Lee looking for 4 years, $30m

pwny

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

thats still pretty awful for a WR who has some very bad hands. 

Marqise Lee isn't some scrub. He has his flaws but he has a lot of talent. I would totally be cool nabbing him if I was a team lacking WR talent.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Marqise Lee isn't some scrub. He has his flaws but he has a lot of talent. I would totally be cool nabbing him if I was a team lacking WR talent.

lol u dont lead the league in Drops by accident. hes clearly a number 2 at best who has some very inconsistent hands, Bad Awareness(Jets Game), not mention a lack of ability to stay healthy for 16 games. 

32 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

lol u dont lead the league in Drops by accident. hes clearly a number 2 at best who has some very inconsistent hands, Bad Awareness(Jets Game), not mention a lack of ability to stay healthy for 16 games. 

So a number 2 isn't worth 4 yrs 30M?

The guy is still very young and has shown serious ability (I know I was excited after glimpses last year). I would definitely give him 7.5M per over 4 years if I was a team needing WR help/hoping to get a guy that breaks out.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

So a number 2 isn't worth 4 yrs 30M?

The guy is still very young and has shown serious ability (I know I was excited after glimpses last year). I would definitely give him 7.5M per over 4 years if I was a team needing WR help/hoping to get a guy that breaks out.

i see him worth more like 5-6 million  especially when we have Cole and Westbrook who showed bigger flashes along with mickens. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i see him worth more like 5-6 million  especially when we have Cole and Westbrook who showed bigger flashes along with mickens. 

We aren't talking about us. This is all about other teams with needs at WR and Lee being available and looking for 30M over 4 years, which isn't bad at all.

For us? No, I already said I'm ready to move on. But he still has upside and there is plenty of talent there. A contract like being reported here is pretty solid for a guy like Lee.

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

We aren't talking about us. This is all about other teams with needs at WR and Lee being available and looking for 30M over 4 years, which isn't bad at all.

For us? No, I already said I'm ready to move on. But he still has upside and there is plenty of talent there. A contract like being reported here is pretty solid for a guy like Lee.

Agreed. We arent trying to say its some steal, we should try and sign him. I fully expect him to be gone but what he is asking for isnt out of the realm of possibility 

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed. We arent trying to say its some steal, we should try and sign him. I fully expect him to be gone but what he is asking for isnt out of the realm of possibility 

i talked about this topic at work with a giants fan and he even laughed at the idea of 4 years 30 million.  i mean if jeffery can only get that small of a deal of 1 year and 9.5 million and proved to be better and Terrelle Pryor can only get a 1 year 6 million thinking he can get that stack of cash is dumb. 

54 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i talked about this topic at work with a giants fan and he even laughed at the idea of 4 years 30 million.  i mean if jeffery can only get that small of a deal of 1 year and 9.5 million and proved to be better and Terrelle Pryor can only get a 1 year 6 million thinking he can get that stack of cash is dumb. 

The only reason those two did that is to prove themselves with another year of production prior to cashing in.

Robert Woods just got 5 yrs, 34M last year (prior to breaking out this year, he was not THAT highly seen prior). Travis Benjamin got 4 yrs 24M. You act like Marqise Lee getting 4/30 is insane. That is right around where he should get. Give or take a couple million. Guys like Lee with upside always get money based on what they think they can get out of him, not just what he did prior.

Archived