Sea of Thieves | Xbox & PC

Cheesehawk

On 3/22/2018 at 11:06 AM, packerrfan74 said:

A lot more enjoyable than NMS. Just last night one of the Skull Strongholds popped up. About 4 loaded galleons showed up and it was a straight sea battle for an hour. Was a lot of fun, boarding other peoples ships or being shot to them from across the sea out of the cannon. We had a ball with strictly the PvP aspect of the game last night, despite there being zero incentive to do so.

I rarely see pvp action 

• 3 weeks later...

I really wanted to love this game. But, there's just so much missing. Mainly for me is I want to feel like I'm actually progressing in some form. And playing the game entirely for the fun factor and/or cosmetics....I have a really hard time staying hooked. It's not a bad game for 3 drunk friends to pop on and be silly for a few hours. but that's about it. 

There is a lot missing but somehow I am still enjoying it. I think mainly because it is a refreshing title after a decade of CoDmania and amidst the new battle royale craze (they should but this mode in sot). I mostly server hop and try to go to the skull Outpost, it's really the only thing worthwhile. There are also a lot of high level players now so if I join and there is a high level quest, I'll stick around for a bit lol. 

The PvP is by far the best part and I agree with a previous poster that it doesn't happen enough. Most servers consist if several sloops and my galleon and the sloops just run away. 

Luckily rare announced a whole bunch of new content that starts dropping in May with releases planned through September. New missions, weekly events, new boat etc.

Archived