Sign in to follow this  
freak_of_nature

RIP H. Wayne Huizenga

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22883628/h-wayne-huizenga-former-owner-florida-marlins-florida-panthers-miami-dolphins-dies-age-80

Died this morning at 80 years of age.

He was basically the face of business and money when I was growing up in South Florida. He owned the Marlins, Dolphins, and Panthers simultaneously. Founded Blockbuster Video, AutoNation, and Waste Management. Some shady business practices were always rumored, like owing money to the mob, but he always extremely charitable. Many school buildings/programs are in his name.

RIP Wayne Huizenga. Without you we would not have the Panthers and the Marlins down here. He was the owner of the Dolphins for most of my childhood. My condolences to his friends and family.

On 3/23/2018 at 12:01 PM, freak_of_nature said:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22883628/h-wayne-huizenga-former-owner-florida-marlins-florida-panthers-miami-dolphins-dies-age-80

Died this morning at 80 years of age.

He was basically the face of business and money when I was growing up in South Florida. He owned the Marlins, Dolphins, and Panthers simultaneously. Founded Blockbuster Video, AutoNation, and Waste Management. Some shady business practices were always rumored, like owing money to the mob, but he always extremely charitable. Many school buildings/programs are in his name.

Wow, I knew he owned Blockbuster Video, but didn't know he was the owner of Waste Management.  Big bucks involved with that I bet.

R.I.P.