Jamarco Jones?

buckeyesNut0623

16 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I have watched every Buckeye game he's played in, and he only strikes me as a serviceable NFL player at best. He never struck me as a great prospect. Pat Elflein was great. Jones never stood out to me.

How do you stand out as an OT? I've seen every snap as well and he was as solid as a rock IMO, his only issue was injuries. I'm from the mindset that if you don't hear from them, they are doing a pretty good job. 

Ill be fine with Jones, Miller, O'Neal, Harrison or Noteboom

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

How do you stand out as an OT? I've seen every snap as well and he was as solid as a rock IMO, his only issue was injuries. I'm from the mindset that if you don't hear from them, they are doing a pretty good job. 

Ill be fine with Jones, Miller, O'Neal, Harrison or Noteboom

By dominating your opponent. Holding it down is an acceptable performance. When you stand out, you are asserting your dominance over a defender.

And I'm not gonna let anyone fall for Kolton Miller. Not saying he'll be terrible and be out of the league in a few years, but he's so raw. He's not the tackle that we should be looking for. I promise you that.

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

By dominating your opponent. Holding it down is an acceptable performance. When you stand out, you are asserting your dominance over a defender.

And I'm not gonna let anyone fall for Kolton Miller. Not saying he'll be terrible and be out of the league in a few years, but he's so raw. He's not the tackle that we should be looking for. I promise you that.

He didn't do that? Did you ever hear from the guy lined up across from him?

Also, any OT prospect we get will have the benefit of getting pointers from a HOF OT, do not underestimate that.

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

He didn't do that? Did you ever hear from the guy lined up across from him?

Also, any OT prospect we get will have the benefit of getting pointers from a HOF OT, do not underestimate that.

I bleed Scarlet and Gray, dude. I'm not gonna throw a fit if we draft him. In fact, I'd like it. I think he'll be great value if we nab him in the mid-late 2nd round considering his NFL potential. Those were merely my thoughts. Give me Jones, Orlando Brown, or a friggin paperclip over Kolton Miller.

8 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I bleed Scarlet and Gray, dude. I'm not gonna throw a fit if we draft him. In fact, I'd like it. I think he'll be great value if we nab him in the mid-late 2nd round considering his NFL potential. Those were merely my thoughts. Give me Jones, Orlando Brown, or a friggin paperclip over Kolton Miller.

I like Orlando Brown but he has to shed at least 20lbs and reshape his body for me to be comfortable. The difference between him and Andre Smith is that Smith had good feet for his size, Brown, meh..., Taking about 20lbs off will help that. 

And Go Bucks

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

a tackle I really like is Kolton Miller. Dude had a pretty good year blocking Rosen's blindside and IMO a really good athlete for his size. 6'8 309 ran a 4.95 40 and set a combine record Broad jump for tackles at 10'1. He had a pretty good career at UCLA

Insanely inconsistent though. Yeah, he's got a lot of talent and could end up being a future star at LT, but he's extremely inconsistent and had some god awful tape against the better competition. He's a big time risk of a LT prospect, but I wouldn't be at all opposed to taking him in the 2nd round. I like Brian O'Neill a tad more, but it's a negligible difference as their flaws and ceilings are essentially the same.

Archived