Controversial? NEW mock with trade

DoleINGout

28 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

A 3rd round talent at best slot corner for the Saints in round one after we signed P-Rob to fill that need in FA... just don't see that happening. 

Borderline first round talent that can start at any cover position in the secondary.

39 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

A 3rd round talent at best slot corner for the Saints in round one after we signed P-Rob to fill that need in FA... just don't see that happening. 

Other picks I think in play at 27 are Hayden Hurst, Arden Key, Josh Sweat, Malik Jefferson, and Fred Warner unless someone surprising falls at DT, QB, or LB.

23 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I see him listed as a day two pick. Day one would be early but for the Steelers it at least is a need.

I said this in another thread, he's an athlete trying to play football. The Steelers place 4/5 of their draft eval on game tape, as they should, and his is awful. Outright awful. 

Just now, PghCrew said:

I said this in another thread, he's an athlete trying to play football. The Steelers place 4/5 of their draft eval on game tape, as they should, and his is awful. Outright awful. 

Too strong. His projection for NFL teams and draft stock is probably similar to Jamie Collins. Athlete, late riser, early pick, turns into respectable pro for several seasons.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Too strong. His projection for NFL teams and draft stock is probably similar to Jamie Collins. Athlete, late riser, early pick, turns into respectable pro for several seasons.

He's too strong? He could be blocked by one of my freshman kids. 

Just now, PghCrew said:

He's timid, can't get off blocks, and lacks instincts. 

But yeah, back to the Jamie Collins comparison in draft stock and athleticism, Jefferson put up 8 more reps and ran faster in the 40 (4.5 vs 4.6) while putting up very respectable broad jump and vertical jump measurements. I don't think those things are uncoachable if he even is timid as you say. You don't have to think he is a great player for your team to draft him though which is my all I'm trying to say.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

But yeah, back to the Jamie Collins comparison in draft stock and athleticism, Jefferson put up 8 more reps and ran faster in the 40 (4.5 vs 4.6) while putting up very respectable broad jump and vertical jump measurements. I don't think those things are uncoachable if he even is timid as you say. You don't have to think he is a great player for your team to draft him though which is my all I'm trying to say.

The fact that you're resorting to talking about the combine to make your case tells me everything I need to know. 

35 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

23 minutes ago, PghCrew said:

The fact that you're resorting to talking about the combine to make your case tells me everything I need to know. 

The reason for bringing up the combine is to acknowledge your original post about Jefferson being just an athlete. Hence, comparison to similar NFL player who had similar criticisms as a prospect. To amplify my point, I mentioned how Jefferson is arguably a better athlete. Which again goes back to your original post about athleticism @PghCrew.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

The reason for bringing up the combine is to acknowledge your original post about Jefferson being just an athlete. Hence, comparison to similar NFL player who had similar criticisms as a prospect. To amplify my point, I mentioned how Jefferson is arguably a better athlete. Which again goes back to your original post about athleticism @PghCrew.

Yeah the problem is Jamie Collins is an athlete who is actually good at football now and was in college too. 

Archived