Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Does make sense from a need standpoint, but literally in no other way does it make sense unless he's basically free

He shouldn't cost more than a 2nd or 3rd I think. Tbh I think he's been misused. If he plays 2nd or 3rd pairing minutes on a pairing with a strong D partner, and given PP time, I think he could shine. Sabres kept wanting him to be Ekblad.

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

He shouldn't cost more than a 2nd or 3rd I think. Tbh I think he's been misused. If he plays 2nd or 3rd pairing minutes on a pairing with a strong D partner, and given PP time, I think he could shine. Sabres kept wanting him to be Ekblad.

They can have their 5th back from the Wayne Simmonds trade and someone like Nick Merkley lol

The Buffalo News’ Lance Lysowski reported that New Jersey had interest in Rasmus Ristolainen. I’d heard similar. I’ve also wondered if the Devils would consider Shayne Gostisbehere, with a sweetener included, but Hamilton makes sense there, too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

There are definitely deals I would make for him. At 5.4 for a guy who's maybe a third pair, his market should be almost non existent

1 minute ago, Forge said:

There are definitely deals I would make for him. At 5.4 for a guy who's maybe a third pair, his market should be almost non existent

I would try to bring back Ryan Murray and pair Risto with him, if we traded for Risto. Think that pair could work well. Then comes the issue of who plays LHD next to PK? Siegenthaler? or a UFA stopgap until Bahl/Okhotyuk/Vuko are ready?

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I would try to bring back Ryan Murray and pair Risto with him, if we traded for Risto. Think that pair could work well. Then comes the issue of who plays LHD next to PK? Siegenthaler? or a UFA stopgap until Bahl/Okhotyuk/Vuko are ready?

I'd assume Smith would be with PK, Murray with sevs, Siegenthaler with risto