Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I have been on vacation so I'm way behind lately. I'm gonna hop on HF later tonight when my parents go to sleep and catch up lol. 

Right now it's the big debate and whether we should trade for Loui's contract with a second. Some people are just weird. It shouldn't be plan A, but jesus, I'd rather have an additional second and 10 million in space than no second round pick and 15 million. I wouldn't think that there is a lot to really disagree about there if we aren't going to use the money otherwise

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Right now it's the big debate and whether we should trade for Loui's contract with a second. Some people are just weird. It shouldn't be plan A, but jesus, I'd rather have an additional second and 10 million in space than no second round pick and 15 million. I wouldn't think that there is a lot to really disagree about there if we aren't going to use the money otherwise

Yeah it's one season that doesn't really matter. Plus, it's not likely that he'd take anyone's spot either. We'd either keep him in the press box or waive him anyways. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah it's one season that doesn't really matter. Plus, it's not likely that he'd take anyone's spot either. We'd either keep him in the press box or waive him anyways. 

Some of the people over there just create some of the most insane narratives.  Triumph talking about opportunity cost like taking Loui and having only ten million available will cost us McDavid when he suddenly becomes available for peanuts lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Now what? Lol

I go on one vacation and I miss everything

Nothing on the devils side. Just the mods in the main forum. Someone asked a question about the devils getting tarasenko. This was my reply:

Eggtimer said: 
Ok what from the Devils would it take for Tarasenko?
I just want to see what people think a fair offer and trade would look like between the two teams.
Yes it is unlikely that Tank would agree to go to NJ but please just humour me on what a good offer would look like.
I’m going to start at the Devils offering Islanders first rounder and Boqvist

For the devils, he's a cap dump. It's not a good fit trade wise because the blues aren't going to view him as such. We should not be paying any sort of substantial assets for this guy. I'd rather offer that Islanders pick for Dunn or look into moving it for a guy we may realistically extend like rielly or dumba. Why are the devils paying for a high cap hit with two years left on his deal entering the wrong side of 30 who's got a two year history of health issues? We are basically acquiring him to flip him and if he's not healthy, you're flushing assets down the toilet, which we have done enough of.

A blues fan started ripping into my reply. Calling me names, etc. Stupid, idiot, retard, etc. I called him out about talking down to people and calling them names and insulting them. Turned into a mess with a lot of the responses deleted. But I'm sitting there reporting his posts, and I get a warning. No message from a mod, just a warning, my posts deleted and I lost the authority to reply in that thread. The post I got a warning for I said "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings"

• Like 1

Okay, so I did call the mods a POS in one post lol but that's not what they warned me for!

He's now trolling me in another thread. I basically am reporting every post worth a passive aggressive comment to the mods lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What a god damn cesspool

It was unreal. This had been an ongoing thing for days. This was the second time he went at me. Just so weird. Honestly, all because I said if the devils were interested, it should be as a cap dump. I even said multiple times that the two teams aren't great trade partners in this particular situation because the blues shouldn't view him like that (even with the injuries)

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It was unreal. This had been an ongoing thing for days. This was the second time he went at me. Just so weird. Honestly, all because I said if the devils were interested, it should be as a cap dump. I even said multiple times that the two teams aren't great trade partners in this particular situation because the blues shouldn't view him like that (even with the injuries)

People read and take the things they want out of it. That's all there is to it. My bigger issue is with the way they mod over on that site. Instead of, ya know, doing anything about it, they just delete posts and then have their automated "Troll Stomper" send warnings and they take away features. Just a total gong show. 

And don't get me started on the "ignore" function. You miss out on entire threads if it's created by someone you've got on ignore (like a GDT) despite the fact that, if you refresh the page and the last post in a thread is by someone you ignore, it just says "ignored member" and you can still click the thread and choose to see the ignored content. Now, why the hell isn't it the same way for a thread? Why does the entire damn thing disappear? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

What do we have to add to #4 to get dahlin and would you do it?

Eh, I don't think I'd do it considering the add would probably be Bratt+ for Buffalo to even consider it. Or even Ty Smith. Just doesn't make sense on our end. Yes, we need a legit #1 dman but the cost is ever more than slightly prohibitive.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, I don't think I'd do it considering the add would probably be Bratt+ for Buffalo to even consider it. Or even Ty Smith. Just doesn't make sense on our end. Yes, we need a legit #1 dman but the cost is ever more than slightly prohibitive.

Yeah, I'd definitely package 4 for him, but I think the + is significant

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I'd definitely package 4 for him, but I think the + is significant

Yeah, it would likely be too significant. It's not really the type of deal where we'd be able to use our prospect depth. We'd have to package one of our blue chippers or from the NHL roster (Bratt, Smith) to even make it happen. 

Now, if Buffalo's FO is dumb enough to do something like #4, Zacha, Wood and Mookie, I'd be all over it.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1