Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I have done so many of these now lol. I try not to trade unless it is a particularly bad outcome with nothing available. In this one, it was brutal. We got pushed down to 7 and did not have much of an option at either 7 or 10. 7 was Raymond or Perfetti, and there was seriously nobody at 10. So I did trade out of that one. 

lol just clicked this again and did the lottery once...we won the lottery with Vancouver's pick, pick 2nd with our pick and 12th with Arizona's lmao

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol just clicked this again and did the lottery once...we won the lottery with Vancouver's pick, pick 2nd with our pick and 12th with Arizona's lmao

1 - Alexis Lafreniere
2 - Quinton Byfield
31 - Justin Barron
36 - Zion Nybeck
45 - Shakir Mukhamadullin
67 - Michael Benning
99 - Jack Finley
124 - Tristen Robins
130 - Ronan Seeley
161 - Jakub Malek (late round younger goalie)

34 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

1 - Alexis Lafreniere
2 - Quinton Byfield
31 - Justin Barron
36 - Zion Nybeck
45 - Shakir Mukhamadullin
67 - Michael Benning
99 - Jack Finley
124 - Tristen Robins
130 - Ronan Seeley
161 - Jakub Malek (late round younger goalie)

Holy crap

• Like 1

Would you guys do:
#6 and #10
for
#4 and #18, and #46?

@Forge

How you feel about that? Me, I'm pulling the trigger on that in a micro-second. I don't see a very big difference from 10-18 so moving up to spots to get our pick of the Swedes or Drysdale plus gaining a top 50 pick in a deep draft makes this an easy decision for me.

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

@Forge

How you feel about that? Me, I'm pulling the trigger on that in a micro-second. I don't see a very big difference from 10-18 so moving up to spots to get our pick of the Swedes or Drysdale plus gaining a top 50 pick in a deep draft makes this an easy decision for me.

Kind of leaning no, but I don't hate it. Depends on who is there at 4, first. The problem for me is one, there's nobody I have to have at 4. I'm not locked in to Drysdale and am just as happy getting Rossi or Raymond at 6. I'm actually more inclined to make the deal if stutzle drops to 4 tbh. 

Secondly, I'm not convinced that there couldn't be a big drop off between 10-18; just need for a couple of teams to get froggy with their pick with askarov and Sanderson and that means one of my top 8 fall into that spot. Even if that is Cole, that's huge. I may be more inclined to wait #10 out and see what happens and then trade out if I can if the board plays out poorly

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

Kind of leaning no, but I don't hate it. Depends on who is there at 4, first. The problem for me is one, there's nobody I have to have at 4. I'm not locked in to Drysdale and am just as happy getting Rossi or Raymond at 6. I'm actually more inclined to make the deal if stutzle drops to 4 tbh. 

Secondly, I'm not convinced that there couldn't be a big drop off between 10-18; just need for a couple of teams to get froggy with their pick with askarov and Sanderson and that means one of my top 8 fall into that spot. Even if that is Cole, that's huge. I may be more inclined to wait #10 out and see what happens and then trade out if I can if the board plays out poorly

I guess I like that glut in the early-to-mid 2nd a little too much. I'm a Drysdale guy so securing him and, say, Seth Jarvis or Rodion Amirov at 18 and then getting a quality player at 46 makes more sense to me than playing the board and hoping someone takes Askarov in the top 9 while taking whoever is left between the Swedes and Rossi at 6.

Don't forget, we'd still have Vancouver's pick in this scenario. We still get another bite at the apple. Even if we didn't, going from #10 and waiting til the 4th is a loooooooooooooooooong friggin' wait.

Edited by beekay414

lol Out to Lunch is saying he'd be disappointed if Nico turned into a Ryan O'Reilly type player. Imagine being that stupid.

Imagine being disappointed in having a 60-70 point two way centerman because he's not a PPG player lmao. 

Edited by beekay414

I'm getting a little crazy with these things, it's addicting. Ended up moving up to 3rd in the lottery, traded back to 4th with Detroit and then to 5th with Ottawa. Trade up from 10 to 9 and traded back 3 times from 15 to 17 to 19 to 21 gaining several picks (lol).

#5 - Tim Stutzle, C/LW
#9 - Jake Sanderson, LHD
#21 - Seth Jarvis, RW
#32 - William Wallinder, LHD
#48 - Topi Niemela, RHD
#69 - Tyler Kleven, LHD
#95 - Jack Finley, C
#115 - Tristen Robins, RW
#124 - Dylan Garand, G

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

lol Out to Lunch is saying he'd be disappointed if Nico turned into a Ryan O'Reilly type player. Imagine being that stupid.

Imagine being disappointed in having a 60-70 point two way centerman because he's not a PPG player lmao. 

That dude is too much. Wtf are his expectations? Lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm getting a little crazy with these things, it's addicting. Ended up moving up to 3rd in the lottery, traded back to 4th with Detroit and then to 5th with Ottawa. Trade up from 10 to 9 and traded back 3 times from 15 to 17 to 19 to 21 gaining several picks (lol).

#5 - Tim Stutzle, C/LW
#9 - Jake Sanderson, LHD
#21 - Seth Jarvis, RW
#32 - William Wallinder, LHD
#48 - Topi Niemela, RHD
#69 - Tyler Kleven, LHD
#95 - Jack Finley, C
#115 - Tristen Robins, RW
#124 - Dylan Garand, G

This is actually one of my favorite I have seen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is actually one of my favorite I have seen

Same. We address every spot on the ice while getting an offensive LHD with an incredible upside if he clicks (Wallinder) while addressing massive defensive concerns with Defensive Dmen in Sanderson, Kleven and Niemela. I would've liked to gone 2 LHD, 2 RHD but the board fell more towards the LHD. 

I've been trying to not trade and stay at 6, 10 and 15 but it's hard because I don't see much difference between the guys available from 10-15 so I keep trading back lol. I really want more picks in the 2nd and 3rd. I want to take advantage of the depth of this class.

• Like 1

Managed to do one without trading (last one for the day, I promise) and I think I'd love this draft, even if we didn't get the top pick we wanted. No lottery, stayed at 6, 10 and 15.

#6 - Cole Perfetti, C (took him over Raymond)
#10 - Jake Sanderson,  LHD
#15 - Seth Jarvis, RW
#99 - Tristen Robins, RW
#124 - Kasper Puutio, RHD
#130 - Connor McClennon, RW (he won't make it this far - likely 70+ picks too long lol)
#161 - Oliver Fatul, LHD
#192 - Ville Ottavainen, RHD

https://www.tsn.ca/alexis-lafreniere-tops-tsn-hockey-insider-bob-mckenzie-s-final-draft-rankings-1.1488269

Bobby Mac's rankings came out.

1. Alexis Lafreniere

2. Tim Stuetzle

3. Quinton Byfield

4. Jamie Drysdale

5. Cole Perfetti

6. Lucas Raymond

7. Marco Rossi

8. Jake Sanderson

9. Alexander Holtz

10. Jack Quinn

11. Yaroslav Askarov (G)