Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Packers just lost in a brutal way in the NFC Championship game to the dude with the 4 leaf clover shoved up his keister but I'm over here smiling ear to ear, giddy as hell, because of #86. If any Devils fan from New Jersey ever questions my allegiance to this team, I'll shank them lol. It's honestly safe to say that the Devils are my favorite team of all my faves. Unreal considering they've been the worst team of them all the last decade.

• Like 1

Its so weird how Merkley tends to find his way around the puck while also being such a horrible skater. Watchign him break up that pass a few minutes ago while also chasing after it I was struck by what a bad skater he was lol. But he just knows how to get himsefl in the middle of the mess too....he's like the anti Quennevile 

Just now, Forge said:

Its so weird how Merkley tends to find his way around the puck while also being such a horrible skater. Watchign him break up that pass a few minutes ago while also chasing after it I was struck by what a bad skater he was lol. But he just knows how to get himsefl in the middle of the mess too....he's like the anti Quennevile 

Honestly, I think he belongs on this team. His hockey IQ is off the charts. He's just, as you said, a choppy skater. He's all over the ice, in a good way, when he's out there.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Honestly, I think he belongs on this team. His hockey IQ is off the charts. He's just, as you said, a choppy skater. He's all over the ice, in a good way, when he's out there.

I really feel like he'd help on our power play 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I really feel like he'd help on our power play 

I feel he simply just helps our team. It's going to be interesting to see what we go with when Nico and Bratt come back. Merkley is free to move back and forth to the taxi squad for the first 30 days but then it becomes a pickle. Do we move Boqvist and Rango to the AHL top line due to their ability to go up and down without going through waivers? 

It's good to have a depth problem but, man, a lot of them deserve ice time and the ones that don't are the ones with the bigger paychecks. If Johnsson isn't going by the time Merkley's 30 days are up, I'd consider exposing him to waivers. He's the one that's sticking out like a sore thumb, in a bad way, so far.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I feel he simply just helps our team. It's going to be interesting to see what we go with when Nico and Bratt come back. Merkley is free to move back and forth to the taxi squad for the first 30 days but then it becomes a pickle. Do we move Boqvist and Rango to the AHL top line due to their ability to go up and down without going through waivers? 

It's good to have a depth problem but, man, a lot of them deserve ice time and the ones that don't are the ones with the bigger paychecks. If Johnsson isn't going by the time Merkley's 30 days are up, I'd consider exposing him to waivers. He's the one that's sticking out like a sore thumb, in a bad way, so far.

I'd absolutely expose Johnsson to waivers. That was my concern when we traded for him... Wasn't great and he's now very overpaid