Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Zajac and Murray practiced today. That's pretty big. We're ALMOST at full strength. Still down, I believe, just Nico and Goose.

Now you gotta wonder which of Kulikov or Butcher we bench. Butcher's looked good these last two games but Kulikov and Vatanen looked awesome together. This is so weird. Having to make decisions on which defenders to bench based on GOOD play, not AHL level bull. 

I'd put out trade feelers for both, tbh. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I honestly don't think, with this schedule, we're going to trade off depth. We're gonna see new lineups almost every game IMO to keep guys fresh(er).

I would hope, but not sure they will actually rest guys like Nico, Jack, palms, etc. We've got plenty of pipeline filler if we fall out of it and want to trade assets

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I would hope, but not sure they will actually rest guys like Nico, Jack, palms, etc. We've got plenty of pipeline filler if we fall out of it and want to trade assets

I was more talking about the blue line, actually. Murray and Kulikov aren't the most reliable types. I mean, I guess we could pull the trigger on some deals (Goose/Kulikov/Butcher/maybe Palms) but I'm not sure what to expect right now. Okhotyuk and Bahl could take some time at LHD if needed.

Really trying to figure out who the odd men out are from the forward group. Boqvist was clearly on the low end. Merkley and maltsev are locks. But everyone else has really earned their spots so far. And not just this year, but moving forward

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really trying to figure out who the odd men out are from the forward group. Boqvist was clearly on the low end. Merkley and maltsev are locks. But everyone else has really earned their spots so far. And not just this year, but moving forward

Well, I wouldn't be surprised, even though he's looked good enough to play in the NHL, if Rango gets chopped for Nico. You'd assume Merkley and Maltsev get bumped for Zajac and Goose. Rango comes back up once we trade someone though, 100%. Of course, I'm saying this without any real idea who is on the actual roster right now. 

What does our forward group actually look like right now? I'm so outta touch right now. Who was the forward scratch last night? Cuz whoever that is, he gets bumped over Rango and we then play mix and match when the games come on who the 13th forward is.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Well, I wouldn't be surprised, even though he's looked good enough to play in the NHL, if Rango gets chopped for Nico. You'd assume Merkley and Maltsev get bumped for Zajac and Goose. Rango comes back up once we trade someone though, 100%. Of course, I'm saying this without any real idea who is on the actual roster right now. 

What does our forward group actually look like right now? I'm so outta touch right now. Who was the forward scratch last night? Cuz whoever that is, he gets bumped over Rango and we then play mix and match when the games come on who the 13th forward is.

Not sure. I know that merkley has a thing where once he hits ten games he has to start going through waivers. So curious what they do there

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not sure. I know that merkley has a thing where once he hits ten games he has to start going through waivers. So curious what they do there

You drop him down to the AHL full-time and fandangle another borderline forward to the Taxi squad or as the call-up/send down guy. 

Nolan Foote can be that guy along with Fabian Zetterlund depending on the role.

EDIT - Or Ben Street. He's viable enough and a no-risk loss if it comes to it.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

You drop him down to the AHL full-time and fandangle another borderline forward to the Taxi squad or as the call-up/send down guy. 

Nolan Foote can be that guy along with Fabian Zetterlund depending on the role.

I kind of feel like that's the way it has to go, but I kind of feel bad about it just because I think he's been fine, just like he was last year

I kind of feel like that's the way it has to go, but I kind of feel bad about it just because I think he's been fine, just like he was last year

For sure but you have to game the system when needed. That's why the system is there. We obviously don't want to lose him and I think he'd appreciate that.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'm trying something out here so it's not a direct response. I switched to dark theme so I want to see if things come up normal on the regular theme.

EDIT - We're good. Looks like Night Theme it is!

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm trying something out here so it's not a direct response. I switched to dark theme so I want to see if things come up normal on the regular theme.

I switched to dark theme a couple of weeks ago on my phone. Aesthetically I like it better, but thing like bolded font don't come through all that great

I switched to dark theme a couple of weeks ago on my phone. Aesthetically I like it better, but thing like bolded font don't come through all that great

Yeah it's gonna take a second to get used to but my eyes really appreciate it so far.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So @Forge you're a mod. What does the "activity stream" mean? Cuz this thread (basically us) made it on my feed. Is it personal or site wide? LOL

EDIT - I'm assuming it just means most recent post type stuff? Yes?

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's pretty much it. Just something to direct people to active threads

• Like 1