Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

14 hours ago, Forge said:

I hate that taxi squad players have to go through waivers. I think that was a miss by the nhl during a damn pandemic

Yeah, I don't understand that. I mean, it helped us get Aaron Dell but the whole purpose of a taxi squad was to help mitigate Covid-19 issues. How does losing a guy due to circumstances beyond your control work at all? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't understand why we broke up Hughes and Bratt.

EDIT - And it's obviously Murray-Subban on the first blue line.

We did it yesterday too and started Zajac on Hughes' wing which was just a terrible idea. 

The line up is really weird because the best line last year analytically was Bratt / Nico / Palms. This year Bratt / Jack / Mango has been ripping it apart and been a possession monster. Somehow we ended up with neither lol. 

Just now, Forge said:

We did it yesterday too and started Zajac on Hughes' wing which was just a terrible idea. 

The line up is really weird because the best line last year analytically was Bratt / Nico / Palms. This year Bratt / Jack / Mango has been ripping it apart and been a possession monster. Somehow we ended up with neither lol. 

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Guess we'll just have to play it out and see what works. Lindy isn't afraid of changing things up in-game so...

Someone brought up an interesting trade comp for Forsberg in Patches. He got Suzuki (high end prospect), a second and Tatar, but he also came with a 7 year extension. 

I'll be honest, if I could get Forsberg for something like Wood / Mookie / 2nd, I think I'd do it. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I think that package is a bit low.

Hard to say. Tatar was possibly a negative when he was moved in that deal and Patches came with the extension. He had been a disaster with VGK and had a big contract (5.3 million). Wood is very cheap and  being very productive. Big difference in the quality of prospect, though. That's the tricky part. I suppose the biggest problem would be the competition for his services as I'm sure that someone could top that. The Preds would have to be big on Mookie

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Hard to say. Tatar was possibly a negative when he was moved in that deal and Patches came with the extension. He had been a disaster with VGK and had a big contract (5.3 million). Wood is very cheap and  being very productive. Big difference in the quality of prospect, though. That's the tricky part. I suppose the biggest problem would be the competition for his services as I'm sure that someone could top that. The Preds would have to be big on Mookie

I'd offer a depth package and see what happens. Something like...

Sharangovich-Foote-Walsh-2nd

And see if they go for it.