Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I need to stop watching until we trade Palms. He's driving me nuts. Breakaway and he ******* misplays the puck leading to a non-chance. Good god, he's abysmal right now. 

It's eerily similar to the hall situation

Just now, Forge said:

It's eerily similar to the hall situation

He's really pissing me off. I won't be surprised if Jack explodes with a different winger after the trade. Palms fits him like a square peg in a round hole. He's slow, uncreative, can't handle a puck to save his life right now and either snake-bitten or just complete **** right now. That and you can tell the contract/trade stuff is in his head. He just looks so god damn bad. He looks like the worst forward on a team skating Mike McLeod, Andreas Johnsson and Nick Merkley right now FFS.

I'd honestly rather see Tyce Thompson or Graeme Clarke with Jack. I know that's asking a lot of a young guy right away but, screw it, do it.

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's really pissing me off. I won't be surprised if Jack explodes with a different winger after the trade. Palms fits him like a square peg in a round hole. He's slow, uncreative, can't handle a puck to save his life right now and either snake-bitten or just complete **** right now. That and you can tell the contract/trade stuff is in his head. He just looks so god damn bad. He looks like the worst forward on a team skating Mike McLeod, Andreas Johnsson and Nick Merkley right now FFS.

I'd honestly rather see Tyce Thompson or Graeme Clarke with Jack. I know that's asking a lot of a young guy right away but, screw it, do it.

Clarke will get his shot at some point, I think. I believe they were linemates in midget

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Clarke will get his shot at some point, I think. I believe they were linemates in midget

I would say Foote but I don't know enough about his skating and whether he's a fit with Jack. I know Tyce can skate well enough. What's the word on Clarke's? He's decent, right?

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I would say Foote but I don't know enough about his skating and whether he's a fit with Jack. I know Tyce can skate well enough. What's the word on Clarke's? He's decent, right?

He's not a great skater, but I don't think he's a bad one either. Foote's skating was pretty bad when he was drafted, but from what I understand, it's gotten better

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's not a great skater, but I don't think he's a bad one either. Foote's skating was pretty bad when he was drafted, but from what I understand, it's gotten better

So it's Tyce, who is solid, Clarke who is merely okay and Foote who is a question mark? Eh, either way, as long as they don't look like they are skating in mud like Palms, I'll be happy.