Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

He is Luis Mendoza. I'm just going to continue to compare these guys to kids from the Mighty Ducks movies.

He really is. It's amazing how quickly and how well he can create space from nowhere. But that is really it. It's like he doesn't know what to do when he's deking and dangling and when to take a shot when he's created that space

Just now, Forge said:

He really is. It's amazing how quickly and how well he can create space from nowhere. But that is really it. It's like he doesn't know what to do when he's deking and dangling and when to take a shot when he's created that space

It's almost like years of Hynes dragging him may have screwed with him a bit?

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I'll take the W, warts and all. Have to stay afloat without Jack

Beat the teams we are supposed to beat and not get completely embarrassed in games we're outmatched. Just grind this rest of 2021 out and let's get Jack back with a shot at the dance.

• Like 1

Does that debut, at 20 years old, ease your concerns about Nico Daws @Forge? I know you were "meh" on him but I liked the kid and the pick and saw him as an eventual 1B option with MacBlack. He looked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too composed for a 20 year old. Team left him out to dry quite a few times and he earned this W tonight.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Does that debut, at 20 years old, ease your concerns about Nico Daws @Forge? I know you were "meh" on him but I liked the kid and the pick and saw him as an eventual 1B option with MacBlack. He looked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too composed for a 20 year old. Team left him out to dry quite a few times and he earned this W tonight.

Yeah, definitely could be something there. I don't know that it eases concern, but that has more to do with fickleness of the position more so than daws.  Goalie is just a position where you're unsure until you're not