Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

I know it's probably asinine to want but I think I like the AHL staff better than the NHL staff and I'd rather they switch lol.

I know Dineen wasn't great with the Panthers back in 2011-2013 but I think he might be a legit coach. It's not like those Panthers teams were talented either. Seriously, he managed to take them to the playoffs in 2011 with Tomas Fleischmann, Stephen Weiss and Kris Versteeg being their leading scorers and their goalie duo was 35 year old Jose Theodore and 34 year old Scott Clemmensen. That team took us to 7 games in the 2012 SCP.

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I know it's probably asinine to want but I think I like the AHL staff better than the NHL staff and I'd rather they switch lol.

I know Dineen wasn't great with the Panthers back in 2011-2013 but I think he might be a legit coach. It's not like those Panthers teams were talented either. Seriously, he managed to take them to the playoffs in 2011 with Tomas Fleischmann, Stephen Weiss and Kris Versteeg being their leading scorers and their goalie duo was 35 year old Jose Theodore and 34 year old Scott Clemmensen. That team took us to 7 games in the 2012 SCP.

Dineen has had a lot of consistent success in the ahl. He should definitely get another crack in the NHL at some point

Would you consider going after Eichel with Nico as the headliner? Though I could see Buffalo not wanting that contract.

Let's say Buffalo asks for Mercer, Mookie, Foote and 1-2 1sts (that's the 4 1st round pieces they want in return), would you make the play or are you out on Eichel at $10m and the neck issue?

52 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Would you consider going after Eichel with Nico as the headliner? Though I could see Buffalo not wanting that contract.

Let's say Buffalo asks for Mercer, Mookie, Foote and 1-2 1sts (that's the 4 1st round pieces they want in return), would you make the play or are you out on Eichel at $10m and the neck issue?

I'm not nearly as high on Nico as most, so definitely (assuming medicals check on eichel). That being said, I think Emily Kaplan reported that the eichel trade market is non existent and they are trying to get permission to do the surgery now since nobody is giving the assets

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not nearly as high on Nico as most, so definitely (assuming medicals check on eichel). That being said, I think Emily Kaplan reported that the eichel trade market is non existent and they are trying to get permission to do the surgery now since nobody is giving the assets

Oh I know it's non-existent and where it stands right now. I'm just asking if YOU would be in on it. I know Fitzgerald and the ownership likely wouldn't due to 1) the contract and 2) the meds. Also don't think they'd move Nico either.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Oh I know it's non-existent and where it stands right now. I'm just asking if YOU would be in on it. I know Fitzgerald and the ownership likely wouldn't due to 1) the contract and 2) the meds. Also don't think they'd move Nico either.

Nico is honestly a guy I'd look to move with the way Mercer has started to break out. The problem is that I'm not sure what the compensation is. If I could get a top flight, bona fide first line winger, I think I'd do it. Don't think Nico has that kind of value though, which makes me sad lol