Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

5 goals in 4 games. Yes, he really needs seasoning in Utica.

I'm so annoyed lol 

This is what I was trying to explain to triumph and the others who were like " he's got to round out his game!!!" 

They are not going to turn him into a two way forward lol. He is a goal scorer. That's what he is and what he'll be. Anything else can be rounded out in the NHL if you think his offense is there for the NHL.

It's there. 

But I'm sure people will say leave him down because we suck and apparently he can only score if Jack is feeding him the puck 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm so annoyed lol 

This is what I was trying to explain to triumph and the others who were like " he's got to round out his game!!!" 

They are not going to turn him into a two way forward lol. He is a goal scorer. That's what he is and what he'll be. Anything else can be rounded out in the NHL if you think his offense is there for the NHL.

It's there. 

But I'm sure people will say leave him down because we suck and apparently he can only score if Jack is feeding him the puck 

We need to be treating him like Detroit is treating Raymond. Just let him be a top 6 scoring forward and be done with it. The one thing we're really missing is finishers and this kid's just as pure a finisher as you could ever find. It makes absolutely zero sense for him to be in Utica while we force **** like Mason Geertsen in the lineup or juggling top 6 lines trying to find something that works.

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Such a stupid concept. Not every player has to be a two-way player. 

I really don't get it. The Jack being hurt thing is also a preposterous stance. As though he can only be effective and score his goals from elite set up guys 😂

Then there is just the idea that we are rushing him. I mean, spoiler alert, if he's ready to be an NHL player, you're not rushing him lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I really don't get it. The Jack being hurt thing is also a preposterous stance. As though he can only be effective and score his goals from elite set up guys 😂

Then there is just the idea that we are rushing him. I mean, spoiler alert, if he's ready to be an NHL player, you're not rushing him lol

I'm glad I no longer frequent that site.

• Like 1