Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

I don't know why we are such a bad passing/puck handling team. The puck is like a hot potato on our sticks while every opponent we play somehow manages to go tape-to-tape with ease. WTF are we doing in practice that we can't even complete passes to each other?

40 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

That's a good start. Johnsson making me look like a fool with his start to the year.

I figured he was due for some positive regression. Can still question whether or not he is worth his contract, but excited to get something more in line with what we were all expecting. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Laine shot is the perfect example of why you can just use Holtz for what he does and you don't really need to be overly concerned about the rest right now. 

We had a possession where Mercer was all alone by the goalie and Johnsson had his back turned carrying the puck. We always manage to get those types of opportunities with late pucks. Drives me nuts. Honestly, I think the problem is we have too many guys that think out on the ice rather than using instinct. Just don't have a ton of natural processors and that's what makes Jack special. Mercer is kinda like that as well. He just flows with the game and creates chances that way. Dougie processes quickly too. Everyone else is just slow processing and it costs us more than anything.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We had a possession where Mercer was all alone by the goalie and Johnsson had his back turned carrying the puck. We always manage to get those types of opportunities with late pucks. Drives me nuts. Honestly, I think the problem is we have too many guys that think out on the ice rather than using instinct. Just don't have a ton of natural processors and that's what makes Jack special. Mercer is kinda like that as well. He just flows with the game and creates chances that way. Dougie processes quickly too. Everyone else is just slow processing and it costs us more than anything.

The anti Nico murmurs are out in full force in the GDT. Jim proposed stripping him of the C lol. And some guy came at me because I was bullish enough on Mercer to say that he could surpass Nico soon LOL. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The anti Nico murmurs are out in full force in the GDT. Jim proposed stripping him of the C lol. And some guy came at me because I was bullish enough on Mercer to say that he could surpass Nico soon LOL. 

Nico is what he is at this point. He's basically trending towards being prime Zajac. Obviously not what you want out of your #1 overall pick in a class that produced Makar and EP but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Being able to have Hughes and Mercer on the ice half the game is going to be so damn fun.

We are going to need them given how bad Mikey is on offense lol 

I mean, that was really bad. Just completely ruined a 2 on 1