Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm trying to think of comparable guys who have signed lately, and I just don't think that there are many. Its hard to gauge his price range. seeing what the flyers gave up for Risto makes me think that teams will pay him (Sevs) 

Let them. I just don't want to be that team. He's a solid defenseman but he's not worth that coin. I'd take him for the Nate Schmidt contract but I'm out on anything more than that.

Same. I don't think I'm going to get it, but when I do its usually on black friday, so I wanted to see if it was worth my while. 

I kinda want to get it but I just feel like they geared it too much towards PS5, which is obviously going to happen going forward. I want the damn game so I can get the Kraken finally (they should've friggin' been in the game last year) and I think it's on a new engine too. Think it's the Frostbite Madden engine but I'm not super sure.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I kinda want to get it but I just feel like they geared it too much towards PS5, which is obviously going to happen going forward. I want the damn game so I can get the Kraken finally (they should've friggin' been in the game last year) and I think it's on a new engine too. Think it's the Frostbite Madden engine but I'm not super sure.

Honestly, I find less and less time for the actual console units. I need EA to start putting these out on Switch where I can spend an hour playing while lying in bed before going to sleep lol. 

My ps4 just chills out in my guest house and about once a month I'm going to try and spend a weekend out there away from the GF and kid to really just lock in and play, but that will likely be rpgs, not sports games. 

Honestly, I find less and less time for the actual console units. I need EA to start putting these out on Switch where I can spend an hour playing while lying in bed before going to sleep lol. 

My ps4 just chills out in my guest house and about once a month I'm going to try and spend a weekend out there away from the GF and kid to really just lock in and play, but that will likely be rpgs, not sports games. 

Yeah I don't play RPGs or anything like that. All my games are sports games lol. I just don't like the commitment that comes with sitting down to play games. Feel like it's guaranteed to be 4+ hours and it'll fly by. Want my days to last as long as possible lol. It was fine during the pandemic when I was laid off and had nothing better to do but now I have little desire to play it. 

Of course, I'm not going to sell my PS4 since I've already sold one and ended up getting the urge to buy another (super smart man with money here LOL). I'll probably get it at some point but then I'll have 3 versions of the game. I'm not sure if you can even trade games in anymore for anything other than like a dollar or two.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah I don't play RPGs or anything like that. All my games are sports games lol. I just don't like the commitment that comes with sitting down to play games. Feel like it's guaranteed to be 4+ hours and it'll fly by. Want my days to last as long as possible lol. It was fine during the pandemic when I was laid off and had nothing better to do but now I have little desire to play it. 

Of course, I'm not going to sell my PS4 since I've already sold one and ended up getting the urge to buy another (super smart man with money here LOL). I'll probably get it at some point but then I'll have 3 versions of the game. I'm not sure if you can even trade games in anymore for anything other than like a dollar or two.

I seriously never play an I'm still sitting on 2 different ps3 consoles, a ps4, a nintendo DS and a switch lol. 

If I play 2 hours a month right now, its a lot. 

• Like 1

I was told that he was only good because of Slavin though. 

Those crazy Canes fans, lemme tell ya.

Just keep our heads above water until Jack gets back (and to some extent Miles but I'm not holding my breath there). I want meaningful hockey post ASB and if we can survive this month without 86, we might have a shot to push some teams to the limit.

I seriously never play an I'm still sitting on 2 different ps3 consoles, a ps4, a nintendo DS and a switch lol. 

If I play 2 hours a month right now, its a lot. 

I also have about 50 books in my bedroom that I want to read so if I do choose to commit an afternoon/day to something like that, I'm probably going to do it reading.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Those crazy Canes fans, lemme tell ya.

Just keep our heads above water until Jack gets back (and to some extent Miles but I'm not holding my breath there). I want meaningful hockey post ASB and if we can survive this month without 86, we might have a shot to push some teams to the limit.

I will give them credit though...I think we made the right move signing him, and the Canes made the right move letting him go. Especially since they were okay with the bad optics of signing Tony D. He's not Dougie, but he's one of the most offensively gifted d-men in the league and he's living up to it right now on the cheapest contract possible. They are doing very well. So for one year, it will work for them. But I don't think Tony D is taking that type of deal again. 

• Like 1